Philippine Presidential Elections 2010: Bold predictions

Updated on 15 October 2009.

United States has Obama. I'm hoping a similar win for Noynoy. we'll have Bayani Fernando and Chiz Escudero in 2010.


Ever since I reached the legal voting age, I already voted four times and none of those I voted as Philippine President ever won: Raul Roco in the last two elections and Miriam Santiago in 1992.

You see, I am not politically-minded and I seldom watch the local news (as I prefer telenovelas). I read the Philippine Daily Enquirer (online) but I seldom visit their Editorial Page and I don't read their local political columns. I find more peace reading the showbiz, entertainment and lifestyle pages. I may be wrong in saying this but I think I represent most Filipinos.

Philippine line up 2010

A lot of politicians have signified their intentions of running but I think only the following will be in the voter's list come 2010: Noli, Loren, Villar and Mar Roxas. Bayani Fernando will run but will later on pull out because of lack of support. If he does run, I will vote for him. I will even campaign for him. Ping Lacson will run but will later on withdraw and will throw his support to Loren Legarda of the opposition.

Bold predictions

Noli De Castro will (sadly for me) win the elections. Why? Because let's face, Gloria did it well and Filipinos know it. She survived her presidency by being in focus of what she's there for. She's so unlike our most politicians who are always politicking. One positive thing about Noli is that he is not media pacman who always grabs the next microphone on the podium just to be seen on television. His downside is that he has never taken a stand on anything and will likely spend his presidential term bickering with the media for the way he is being negatively portrayed.

Opposition will once again dispute with one another but in the end will choose Loren Legarda-Leviste as their lone representative. Loren will give Noli a run for his money, however, she will lose the vote count and (as usual) will waste her next six years claiming that she was cheated. The opposition, as usual, will be back in the streets.

Manuel Villar will sourgrape because he will not obtain the opposition's support but he will run anyway and will lose. He will concede after months of legal battle.

Manuel Roxas III will give Noli a hard time in the elections. He will come second because of the support from young voters, the businessmen in Makati and the elite. However, in the provinces, especially in Visayas and Mindanao, he will only come third after Noli and Loren.

Who I hope would run

I admit, I secretly wanted Obama to win the US elections. Why? Because he's a breath of fresh air in this time of war and hunger and economic collapse around the world. There's so much negative things happening around us that all I wanted is a fresh change. Obama is that.

Sadly in the Philippines, I cannot say a similar thing. Our line up of politicians eyeing the 2010 Philippine Presidential elections represent trite and old politics. I'm sure of this: there's no one in my predicted line up who will not face an impeachment during his/her term. Why? Because we're so divided, we are bad losers, we are perfectionist people and we love rumor mongering (we easily believe what is said on television and printed on the newspapers).

Nonetheless, I will look forward with Obama excitement if the following two individuals decide to run in 2010 for the presidency of the Philippines the next year's election primarily because of Noynoy Aquino's presence. I strongly believe he's the only one who can bring back the morale of and our trust in our government.

Bayani Fernando: He is the only politician I know who really means business and whose mind is at work for projects that really work (remember the Gwapotel?). He may not be immaculate and my have some lapses but he would be a good president for the Philippines. I like the way he handled Marikina, MMDA and DPWH. I like the kind of discipline he has when it comes to work. He reminds me of Miriam Santiago during the 1992 elections. Bayani is a breath of much-needed change in Philippine elections.



Francis Escudero: Although only has a short stint in politics and very oppositionist in his stand, I am secretly hoping that he would run. If ever the opposition selects him as their lone bearer, he may have a chance of winning the elections. Francis (Escudero, not Pangilinan, please...) emanates new politics. The only downside is that the people sorrounding him (the old politicians of the opposition) will most likely use him in their own agenda.

Deep inside, I believe I'm a distant relative of Madame Auring. She's always wrong and, with or without her crystal ball, she never predicted right.

7 Responses

  1. Ken says:

    nebz, i was the youth coordinator of Miriam Santiago in 1992, and voted Raul Roco too last 2004.

    Hay, sino nga yung tumakbo na sabi niya siya itinalaga ng Diyos na maging Pres ng Pinas? hehe

    What about Mar Roxas for Pres? But yes, Chiz and Bayani will be a good choice too. Kahit sino.

    Meron pa kaya light at the end of the tunnel? Pero alang alang sa baby ko, Im still hoping.

  2. magandang simulain ito at alam kong maraming reakyons dito..he he he.

    buti ka nga at yung mga binoto mo yung iba di nanalo..

    ako nanghihinayang ako kasi yung binoto ko nanalo.sayang talaga!

  3. Anonymous says:

    ako din si roco ang binoto sa last 2 elections and unfortunately also voted for miriam at the peak of her popularity nung 92 elections.

    regarding bayani fernando, i find it hard to trust him. ngayon pa lang he is openly violating election laws by putting up eyesore (posters) of himself dito sa province. makikita na sya sa cavite, tagaytay, batangas, nueva ecija etc. which is not covered by the mmda. it is blatant electioneering stunt. so he is no different from the other trapos unfortunately.

    and heres the kicker. the poster says with his fingers pointed at you- " ang mga batas ay solusyon, dapat alamin at sundin". if he himself cant do that then he has no right to tell others to.

  4. Nebz says:

    after reading kiko's post about bayani fernando, medyo natigilan ako at nag-iisip: sino nga ba ang karapat-dapat sa kanilang lahat?

    http://kikoquiambao.blogspot.com/2008/10/bayani-fernando-wtf.html

    ako ba ay Pilipinong hindi mulat?

  5. Anonymous says:

    Mar Roxas and Francis Escudero are the new look of the old trapos. Always consider a man's family history when choosing a candidate. If his family are perenial re-electionist yet their provincial turfs haven't graduated to class C level, then their nothing but trapos.

    How about Dick Gordon?

  6. Nebz says:

    Nice point. And I never intend to vote for Mar Roxas (kahit pa pakasal sila ni Korina!). If Dick Gordon runs, and BF doesn't, why not? Dick has always been in my senatoriable list. I just don't think he will run for presidency.

  7. NJ Abad says:

    Nebz, I never knew you had the crystal ball in your hands. You're going to give a run for Madame Auring's source of income (LoL).

    At this point in time I haven't really made up my mind as to whom I will campaign and vote for in the coming 2010 elections. I always end up on the side of the losing candidate. Kung sino yung ayaw ko eh siyang nananalo. Si Obama pa lang ang nanalo and I hope it will be the beginning of "my" winning streak.

    Now, as OFW's we really need to get involved and actively participate in the OAV. The 7M OFWs all over the globe (does not include the undocumented) would be a big bloc and can be a factor that will decide the future of our country. I'll just have to prayerfully wait and hopefully see the right leader rise up for our country.

    On a lighter note, I want to make a more accurate prediction that will give you a run for your "bolang crystal". There will be massive fraud and vote buying, dead people will be resurrected to vote, and there will be lots of empty promises full of rhetorics and eloquence.

    Nice blog Nebz and kudos to you!

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits