The Blog Award Challenge wows me‏

I constantly click on award winning blogs, getting tips and drawing inspiration from them. It's like reading Anne Tyler's and Isabel Allende's novels and suddenly wanting to write like them. The feeling is magical and uplifting.

What makes it the more exciting is when I chance upon a Filipino blog (especially those written by Saudi-based Pinoy bloggers) that gives me a WOW feel. Otep's Willing Exile, to name a few. Today, another blog wowed me (not written by Saudi-based Filipinos): The Blog Awards Challenge.

What gives TBAC a wow effect on me is because I get to discover other blogs which are not only well-designed and outstandingly created but are also (very) well-written. In case you didn't notice, I just wrote what my WOW stands for: well-designed, outstandingly created, well-written. (Do I hear a canned oowww-cum-theaterhouse applause?).

Seriously, I like TBAC because it enjoins bloggers to think. It challenges bloggers to write well. (Pre-TBAC, I define blogging as either an online personal diary or a get rich-quick scheme. I used to think of blogging as a way to earn money and be known and be popular. Now, I think of blogging as a way to earn money, be known and be popular -- intelligently).

TBAC is open to all bloggers and entries can be written in Tagalog or English. Sort of a 700-word minimum essay writing contest online. Topic is on a common subject. Current challenge is on the relevance of traditional media in the era of blogging (see full topic description in their homepage). Deadline for entry submittal is 19 September.

I hope someone from Saudi joins and ultimately wins. No, not me. My head throbbed violently after I wrote this 300-word post, let alone a 700 word-essay. I'll pass.

To Saudi-based bloggers, good luck and hope to read your winning entry soon.

No Responses

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits