Googling Google

As what I usually say: If you wanted an answer to the most perplexing questions of life...google it!

Apart from being the fastest, most user-friendly, coolest search engine around, the thing I like about Google is its ever-changing logo. I am constantly amazed at Google's artistry -- adapting in their logo whatever is in season.

Open your Google now and you will see a fire-breathing red dragon to commemorate the ongoing Beijing Olympics.

Ever wonder who designs it?

This morning, over a cup of coffee, I...well...googled it.

And I found out that Google's international webmaster is the man behind these graphics. His name: Dennis Hwang. And his logo designs are called Google Doodles.

Read Dennis' blog here. And his short story is here. And a CNN write up here.

I also visited the Google museum of logos and I'm equally amazed by the creative way they design the Google logo.

I'm tempted to post some of Google's funny logos here but I decided not to for fear of copyright infringement. So I just provided the links of Googles for everyone to see.

The most exciting part of my googling Google is that I found out that we can suggest to Dennis a proposal for his next Google Doodle design. Already, my mind is at work:

Philippine Independence Day (June 12) -- too far from today.
People Power Revolution Anniversary (February 26) -- also too far from today.
Saudi Independence Day (September 23)Ramadhan Holidays (September 1)

One Response

  1. Anonymous says:

    Hi.... i bet nobody has ever read this, but I have lol (; anyways, this is pretty cool... any time someone ask me a question, i shrug and say "google it" haha

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits