I am my blog

Of course, you are! I told myself as I was brushing my teeth.

How successful you are as a blogger is pegged on your ability to network (reads build friends).

I don't know how to meet new friends (and to those few I meet, I have better know-how in antagonizing them than in keeping them). In the real world, I always smile at the people I meet in the streets. Their faces are familiar but I really don't know much about them. You see, Alkhobar (in Saudi Arabia) is a small place and most Filipinos know each other (by face, not by name). Most of the time I get to meet a friend of a friend of a friend whose friends end up to be a common friend. Ala'six degrees of separation theory. Much as I want to ask their names and promote to them my blog, I think most of them are pre-occupied with the rising cost of denorado, broasted chicken and maya-maya (and will therefore not be interested knowing that I blog).

The more friends you have, the more you have readers.

True. I invited my two friends to add my blog to their favorites but I don't think they've ever re-visited it. Ingrates! It hurts to know that I'm not a part of their thoughts (drama, drama, drama!).

The more wisecrack your friends are, the more comments you'll have.

Well, I am fortunate enough to have wisecracks as friends but unfortunately they are not connected (electronically). They'd rather play tennis or bowling or mahjong that browse my blog. And when connected, they'd rather spend clicking Yahoo Messenger and chat than visit my site. Ingrates!

Unless you're on top, you're just a par of statistics.

I am 24 million-th in Alexia, slipping to 46th in Blogorama's 'group and community' category, five thousand-th in Technocrati, etc. If the numbers can just be encashed at one peso per point, I'd be a millionaire by now.

Simply laid-out (and full of shit drama)

My blog is my personality. Simple. No frills, no fuss. Trying to be in-depth but in reality is very shallow. Appearing to be unperturbed by life's crisis but in reality is very emotional (and dramatic).

I am my blog, indeed. I'm secretly hoping to be popular but not wanting much attention. I'm hoping to be read but am embarrassed promoting my blog. My writings are mostly rhetorics about the sorry state of my blogging life (a sign of personality weakness, I guess, but hey look, if I don't know what my weaknesses are, then I wouldn't know how to strengthen myself, right?)

I am my blog: a work in progress; ever-evolving, ever-changing.

No Responses

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits