I'm ranked 27 million-th in Alexa...must I be sore?‏

I can't imagine how many 27 millions are until I read that...

It's the population of Venezuela, Uzbekistan, Malaysia and Afghanistan;
It's almost a quarter of the Philippine population;
It's how many times Nelly Furtado's Promiscuous was viewed online;
It's how much US Presidentiable John McCain has in his campaign coffers (as of July 2008).And so I had a major rethinking.

The first question I asked myself was: ...must I be sore?

:-(

Truthfully...

Should it really bother me?
Was my primary intention for blogging to be ranked 100th in Alexa? (Incidentally, Ebay UK is ranked 100th in Alexa, globally).
What was my main point in setting up this blog?

After a five-second soul searching, I came up with this mantra: Someday...one day...I will have a blog on top.

And in the meantime that my blog is in oblivion (temporary oblivion, that is), I will keep on writing and blogging and inundating the web with my pointless views about nothing.

Honestly, since I began blogging last year, I felt a sense of direction. Writing is what I want. And blogging is my closest to becoming Anne Tyler (and Isabel Allende), which was (and remains to be) my dream.

I'm also beginning to learn how to manipulate my pages. I've also made online contacts with some of the great Pinoy bloggers in Saudi. I've been invited to a dinner by an American couple in Alkhobar and been praised a fellow blogger.

In total, I feel satisfied with what I've done (so far) and I honestly believe that I could do more. Slowly. A step at a time.

For now, I'll get inspirations and learn from those great, award-winning blogs that I chance upon.

Indeed, life -- my blogging life -- begun at 40. I believe it will be uphill from here.

2 Responses

  1. Don't be depressed or sad. Keep blogging, and eventually you will rise.

    You might not reach the top of the rank, it's so damn hard to do, but keep it as a dream will uplift you. ^^

  2. Ken says:

    You are currently Number 8 out of the 30 PEBA Nominees with Alexa rank of 1.5 million...

    I don't think that's not a magnificent leap from 27 M to 1.5 million Nebz.

    Congratulations! (and Salamat) :)

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits