Kuwait-based Filipino Artists

Not so often, we hear of Filipino stories which make us proud of saying: kabayan ko yan!

One is Charice Pempengco. I must admit that I initially didn't like her (because I disdain Filipino birit singers). But when I saw her in Oprah the second time and when I heard her sing, I had a lump on my throat and I felt my heart welling up with pride as a Filipino. Alone in my room, I spread my arms and said: You, Charice, make us all proud!

Another kababayan who recently wowed me is Ever of Kuwait, a Filipino artist-cum-blogger, whose artwork will be featured in his soon-to-be-launched book entitled Ever Painting Collection.

Ever's subjects on canvass vary from Mideastern characters, nature's beauty to sketches of Filipina's grace, all colorful and alive with depth and emotions.

Below are two of his beautiful paintings entitled Pond 1 and African Dance, respectively.





Ever belongs to a group Adhika which includes four other talented Kuwait-based Filipino artists. When I say talented, I really mean t-a-l-e-n-t-e-d! I was awed by the beauty of their work which you can visit at the following blogsites:

Dave (David) Constantino
Ser (Ding) Bautista Jr
Jojo (Jocab) Cabrera
Everlito (Ever) Villacruz
Rolly (Ilor) Patilla

Nikki Pechuela-Famador of ABS-CBN Global wrote a very beautiful article about the group. She said: Their bristles magically work their way to depict traditional Filipino practices...(and) have also immortalized the exotic beauty of the Filipina, Pakistani and Egyptian women...giving a sacred light to (the subject of femininity).

Adhika will have their group exhibit in Kuwait sometime in February 2009.

3 Responses

  1. wow naman pards!,i really appreciate this,the group also wanted to say big THANK YOU!(yan tuloy pards,napa english ako)...paunlarin ang mga kabayan natin sa larangan ng ibat ibang talento sa ibat ibang bansa.

  2. I noticed when I kept on refreshing the page and it aint taking me nowhere. Anyways Blog ob my friend you have a reader in me. I actually edit your link on my page, So there!!! Take care.

  3. Nebz says:

    Ever: Deserve nyo naman talaga ang lahat ng papuri dahil maganda yong adhikain ninyo. Proud ako sa mga OFW na tulad ninyo.

    Krishna: Thank you dalaw, friend. Pleaes keep us posted about what's going on with you.

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits