My dream life in Tim Kay's My World

I am not a cook but I love to cook. When I grow old (by old, I mean above 60), I wanted to be like Rick Steins (of Food Heroes) who roams the countryside of London (in my case, the Philippines) and cook whatever is in season.

I am also enamored with Jamie 'The Naked Chef' Oliver's Jamie At Home and it was in that program that I first heard Tim Kay's My World. It has become one of my most favorite songs. It was Jamie's program that made me conjur up my future as being busy in my own vegetable garden where I plant all-natural vegetables and cook my food in an iron skillet. Listening to My World leaves me a wonderful feeling that everything will be alright when I grow old.

For anyone who has not heard the song, I've embed the video of the song (from YouTube). Hope you enjoy it as I tremendously did.

I sourced the lyrics from a number of sites (surprisingly, they differ in a word or two, as well as with the spelling!). Below is my best transcription of the song lyrics.

I´ll show you,
What it takes to feed my mind,
While you go through reading all my signs.
It was a lovely day,
When everything was everywhere
And now love came in to season.

I didn´t know you
Nice little dreams you pushed aside
Can we take to until we see those eyes we love to hide
And I´m alone in bed
In someone else's head
...and now love came into season
(Refrain)

Take time and make yourself feel good
And you do whatever you want
Cause you can now, in my world

Make it up for losing so much time
Cause you can now, in my world.

We want to take a little walk down this room you know
I´m not scared to
Cause if we get back we can take it real slow
Another lovely day
When everything was everywhere
...and now love came in to season

I'm gonna make you feel alright
I'm gonna make you hold on tight...

No Responses

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits