My wedding vows

I'm not married. Yet. And if I do (if ever I do), these will be my vows:

To be with you until my last breath;
To love you until I can.
To continually teach my heart when it decides to stop feeling for you.
To place my trembling hand in yours when we sleep.
To feel your heart each morning that we wake.
To make your coffee just like you wanted when we first met -- more coffee, less sugar, more milk.
To try hard to be honest and try harder to be true.
To cook the best soup when you're ill

I promise to bring you flowers everyday, something I pick from our garden.

I promise to not talk back when you're angry and mad. Even if I know that it's your fault.

I promise not to take control of the tv remote when you're watching your favorite soap opera even if I feel like vomiting at their so-called acting. And even if I could easily second-guess what will happen next to that soap opera (because the twists and turns have been used over and over again in previous soaps), I will keep mum and will appear to be enjoying at every scenes. And I will appear interested at your after-the-show analysis while wondering why in the world were you in love with that trashy drama. But because I love you, I will teach myself to love the things that you cherish.

And that includes your mother who bickers at every thing I do and who always finds fault in me. Because she's your mom, I will forever regard her as my mother, too.

We'll watch the sunset together as we sit in the porch.

Together we'll shout out at children who meander us.

To read to you when your eyes grow dim,
To go along with your repititious stories when you go sinile.
To laugh with you even if there's nothing to laugh about.
To hold your spoon when you're too old to eat alone,
To remind you of our past when Alzeihmer's hits you.

And this I promise, my love...

To love you with a love of a dog to his master, of a mother to her newborn son, of a gardener to his orchids, of a scientist to his research papers.

I will look forward to our everyday just like how a six-to-nine worker looks forward to his payday: with excitement, with anticipation, with delight.

And I will forever be here for you even if times get rough or the prices of commodities sore high to heaven above.

I will stand by you through thick and thin, through sickness and in health, until death -- or whatever is there beyond death -- parts us.

2 Responses

  1. Ze Cabreira says:

    BLOG ACTION DAY 2008 Poverty

    I want to let you know about Blog Action day against Poverty on October 15, 2008. Visit my blog or go directly to the link above for more information.

    Thank You
    J.Villanueva Cabrera

  2. Anonymous says:

    Salamat po sa dalaw.

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits