Says Fritz Ynfante: You practically bore me

Or was it someone else who said to a contestant in one singing contest: You, sweetheart, practically bore me...?

I'm pretty sure it was Fritz Ynfante in a 2005 singing contest. I remembered too that I was rolling in laughter after hearing his comments.

Yesterday, a friend visited my blog and this is what he said: I would rather sleep than read you...or something as truthfully cruel as that.

At the back of my mind, I was hearing Fritz Ynfante saying his line to my face: Your blog practically bores me!!!!



(Note: That's not Fritz Ynfante on the picture).

As we tell each other the truth (no matter how painful or cruel or damaging it is), my critic friend advised me to do the following:

  1. Loosen up your sentences...unless you're writing a newspaper editorial.
  2. Inject some humour in your story. Even a bland subject (such as mine? I silently muttered to myself) can be an enjoyable read if it's written in a lighter, conversational mode.
  3. Put some relevant pictures in your post. (I told myself I should really buy that Nikon digital camera. But first I should set up a paypal account, apply for a credit card and put a please-donate box in this blog).
  4. Be daring. Write about kinky subjects, lambast someone, be opinionated about something, be cruel and bitchy and authoritative! (I can't imagine a meekly me would do such things, but I said: I am meek, but I'm no saint. So, yes! I'll write about my secret passion, my dark secrets, my lust, my innermost evil, my...). My friend stared at me with his left eyebrow arched two inches higher than his right, and said: And you think they'd be interested in your lust?).
And so I did some serious thinking. What will I write about for my blog to un-bore it?

I say, choose a topic and stick to it. Ha, what topic?

According to Google Trends, these are some of the most popular, frequently-searched topics in the Philippines during 2008: song lyrics, Friendster, games, quotes, MP3.

Hubpages has its own list of popular topics:
  • About home, children and family
  • Tutorials
  • About life
  • Love and dating
  • Politics
  • Money and finance
  • Entertainment
  • Movies and television
  • Health
  • Friends
  • Technology
Problogger retorted that I should find my niche and ask the following questions:
  • Are you interested in the topic?
  • Is the topic popular?
  • Is the topic's popularity growing or shrinking?
  • What competition is there?
  • What is the competition neglecting?
  • Will you have enough content?
  • Are there income streams on the topic?/li>
Evidently, there is so much that I need to do in order not to practically bore Fritz Ynfante. Hell, I thought it's an easy task!

I love songs and the Eraserheads, I'm not into song lyrics nor basketball, and electronic gadgets never interest me.

Hence (for now) I'll just take my friend's advice: I will lighten up a bit and put some related graphics on my post. And pray that Fritz Ynfante never get a chance to read me.

Let's see if it works. If it doesn't, I'll replace my friend.

5 Responses

  1. Anonymous says:

    Just be true to yourself and leave the rest to itself. You can't please everybody and I suspect that friend of yours doesn't even blog.

    I blog because I want to express things in my mind. For me, its an outlet for the pressure building up inside me. I don't care wither readers like what I post or not.

  2. Nebz says:

    In my case naman, I shouldn't siguro care whether someone read me or not. Naiingit lang kasi ako pag may nakikita akong blogposts na wow sa dami ng visitors. I'm lucky that I have you as my primary commentor. Salamat po.

  3. Anonymous says:

    gagah hahaha maghuhubad ka lang, babalandra mo lang, digitized mo, ganun hehehe dudumugin ka nang mga kafederasyon ko hehehe

  4. maganda ang mga topic mo.

    para sakin magaling kang commentator...

  5. Nebz says:

    Reynz: Digitized nude pic ko? Mas horror pa kesa sa Blairwitch ang lalabas.

    Ever: Ikaw na nga si Randy Santiago. Y? Mambobola. Joke.

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits