Blog terms for newbie Pinoy bloggers like me

These are some of the words I usually found in comments section of some Pinoy blogs. I used to wonder what they meant (and I'm sure a lot of neophyte bloggers like me do too). Now at least we know. If in case I'm mistaken in some of the words, do tell me.


Nose bleed is the expression used to indicate that you don't understand what is being said. Dr Mariclare F of Chronicles from the middle of nowhere said: It is often used in the context of someone trying to conduct a conversation in straight English and struggling mightily with it. (If someone comments in my blog, you give me a nosebleed, I'll say, if symptoms persist, consult your doctor). Just kidding.

Uber is a German word for 'above' or 'over' and is now being used in English (or even Tagalog) as substitute for 'really' or 'very'.

Emo is a genre of music that originated from hardcore punk, according to Tabatha, but if am not mistaken, it's being used by bloggers to connote over reacted emotions (usually of sadness?). I think it's from the English word 'emote'.



To bleg is to write a blog entry or comment for the sole purpose of asking for something. I think rooted from the word 'beg'.

To blog stalk is to religiously check a blog for any new content, usually multiple times per day. Stalk my blog! Stalk my blog! Please.

A blogfriend is someone you know and consider a friend solely through reading and interacting with his (or her) blog. Example: Madjik, Ever and Blogusvox are some of my blogfriends.

Someone who leaves comments on blogs solely to antagonize the author is termed a troll.

A meme is a type of online chain letter where bloggers answer questions or participate in a quiz designed to give a quick overview of the author’s personality. Once the author completes the meme, it is customary to tag other bloggers to participate. (I thought meme pertains to a blog that is written boringly that it makes you want to sleep).

Blogorrhea is a large number of blog entries or an entire blog comprised of substandard quality or overly verbose content.

More blog terms are found in the following sources:
Blogossary
Tips from the Blogging Queen

8 Responses

  1. RJ says:

    Official blogging terms na pala ito. May natutunan ako ngayon, salamat po...

    Ano naman kaya ang ibig sabihin ng 'HAYZ' or 'HAYS?' Madalas ko rin itong nakikita sa mga blog entries at comments. Expression lang ba ito sa blogging, or expression na ito sa Pilipinas ngayon? Hayz!

  2. madjik says:

    naalala ko bigla yung blogfriend ko who asked me what xoxo meant?

    nainis pa nga e kasi tinawanan ko pa.

    anyways sa mga di pa nakaka alam.
    It simply means "hugs and kisses"
    so ano? xoxo na!! hehe.

  3. Anonymous says:

    Thanks Nebz for considering me as your "blogfriend" as much as I also consider you, mine.

    As for some of these blog terminologies;
    blog stalk - I don't know if I do it but I do check my Pasyalan list on what is new from time to time.
    troll - marami nito sa blog ni MLQ3
    meme - It's fun to answer its question in a vague way.
    Blogorrhea - I often encounter some while blog-hopping.

  4. Ken says:

    nebz blogfriend ka namin. Bakit kami hindi mo kami blogfriend?

    hehehe. Okay lang. Naglink ako sau, umulan kasi ng pera.

  5. Nebz says:

    RJ: D ko alam ang meaning ng Hayz/Hays. I'll ask other bloggers about it.

    Madjik: Akala ko sa texting at chatting lang ginagamit ang XOXO. Pati rin pala sa blogging.

    Blogusvox: You're very much welcome.

    Kenji: Of course, you are! Dalaw nga ako ng dalaw sa blog mo e. Basta blog ng OFW sa Saudi (at Kuwait -- bk magalit si Ever), malapit sa puso ko. Naks!

  6. mightydacz says:

    nebz salamat sa blogossary first time q eh,nyahaha

  7. Anonymous says:

    yo.. cognitively )

  8. That's great. Pinoy bloggers will get these words for their blogs. Thanks

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits