Bogged down by series of downers

Was working on something in my pc but sometimes, I would crane my neck towards the tv to see what's going on as the Al Jazeera newscaster talks about the world economy. There was an interview about how another millions of dollars were injected to the US banking systems, whatever it means.

This is how one interviewee explained it: In an emergency, doctors normally revive the patient first and then check the other health problems later. That's what the US and the IMF are doing. It's trying to revive the economy and when it's recovered, then they will deal with the other problems later.

Downer: It's the after-effect of this fear of recession is what I'm afraid of.

:-{

I saw Shark on tv and the episode was about a trial of a serial killer who opted to represent himself in court. As a defendant lawyer-cum-accused, the serial killer was legally allowed to phone the lone witness (his surviving victim). The woman caved in to the serial killer's psychological harassments, committed suicide and Sebastian Stark (played by James Woods) lost his witness. No witness, no case. Resultantly, the jury pronounced a not guilty verdict. The serial killer was freed. Downer.

:-(

My mother has been ill and bedridden for a week now and today, she was confined to a hospital. I kidded her and said: You ARE going out of that hole, right? She said: Of course, I will!

Half-downer. Deep inside, I feared because she's old. My father keeps prodding her to fight the illness off. I hope my father's bravery would rub off to my mother. I pray that she fights the illness and gets well soon.

:-/

Ibrahim, a Saudi officemate lost his premature baby. Downer.

He also lost a baby last year -- also prematurely born. Double-downer.

What surprises me is that I never saw in Ibrahim's face the pangs of loss. Maybe it was inside. My other Saudi officemate said some Saudis are not that emotional about death. They regard it as a fact of life (which it really is). They're so unlike us -- we die inwardly when we lose someone we love.

:-+

There will be happier moments tomorrow.

No Responses

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits