It's your sandwich. Whichever way you slice it.

That was somewhere in the movie ah...hmm...let see...I forgot now. I just thought it would be a nice post title because this article is about being nice and about the niceties of life.

Gary Greenfield of Performance Alliance Blog posted this question: When you leave this life, will you just slip away in a blur of gray or will the way you have enjoyed the niceties in your life allow you to go out in a blaze of color?

Hmm...profound. Sort of a question in beauty contests. That sort which will likely be answered vaguely.

Vague, then, I go.

When I leave this life, I wanted it to be as peaceful as possible. I hope it to be on a bright sunny day, the white curtains open and silently swaying as the cold wind passes through it, the avocado tree leaves rustling outside, as memories of childhood flash before my eyes in a fast-forward-motion. A deep breath and then it's over.

How do I achieve that parting? I don't know. No one's certain how we're going to leave this earth (unless a doctor says to us: you only have one day to live. Even then, he could be wrong).

However, we can always be certain on the lives we live. I guess the life we lead is our cue on how we'll leave this world.

Why can't I be nice: A prayer

I'm so imperfect, Lord, in so many ways. My evil becomes more evident when I'm angry. Why can't I be nice? Why can't I control myself when I'm angered? Today, I heard a nasty remark from someone and I retorted with a nastier reply. Which made me feel sorrier because I saw how I hurt the person.

Teach me, Lord, to tame my emotions. Teach me, Lord, to be more understanding.

I am a soul in peace. I am peace.

Realization

Life is too short to bog ourselves down with negative emotions. However difficult a situation is, we always have an option to be optimist and hopeful. A glass half empty is also a glass half full.

Life, as what I've read in a greeting card somewhere, is a matter of choice, not chance.

It is always our choice. It is always our decisions.

Just like what my post title says, it's your sandwich.

5 Responses

  1. RJ says:

    Na-belong po yata kayo sa age group ng mga bloggers na itinuturing na 'experts' nung Bogger Status for 2008!

  2. Ze Cabreira says:

    Yes, Profound. Naisip ko tuloy bigla ang buhay ko and what's ahead of me.

  3. Anonymous says:

    The only thing which make it difficult for me to live is when I haven't fullfilled all the promises I made. Besides that, I accept it as part of the circle of life and thankful I was given a chance to experience what life is all about.

    We only pass this way but once, leave a footprint and make the most out of it.

  4. masalimuot ang buhay ko...buti at nakasurvive...:)

  5. Nebz says:

    RJ: Beginner ako. Neophyte. Virgin...sa blogging. Expert? Siguro pag 75 na ako.

    JVC: It's our sandwich. Let's slice it nicely so everyone can take part in it.

    Blogusvox: Sabi nga sa kanta: Let's not let it slip away.

    Ever: At iniaalay ko sa yo ang kanta ng Destiny's Child.

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits