State of blogosphere 2008: A study by Technorati

I don't know if you've read it and if you haven't, visit the site. It is a good read and well, informative. There were items that made me grunt uhum (in agreement), hmp? (doubtful), aha! (newfind) and haha! (funny find).

Uhum

  • People blog for self expression (and sharing expertise). The prime reason why I blog is because I'm a die-hard of Anne Tyler and Isabel Allende and literally envious of their writings. Owning a novel is too far fetched for me but by blogging, I am able to realize a part of my dream. That is, to be read (even if only by a few).
  • Personal satisfaction is by far the most popular measure of success (as well as having a decent) number of subscribers or comments. I am usually content after writing a decent post and more fulfilled if readers comment about it. (Admittedly, I also feel a little guiltier after writing a haphazard musing and a bit saddened if my post is ignored. Sore.)
Hmp!
  • Bloggers invest a significant amount of time blogging, i.e. between 3 to 10 hours. I thought it was longer than that! There was a period when my whole weekend was spent in blogging!
  • Blogs with higher authority are typically updated more frequently than blogs with lower authority. Even if my Technocrati authority is (a very low) 4 and I'm 24 millionth in Alexa, I don't intend to stop posting my thoughts, desperations and hopes about my life. I am resolved in writing more frequently regardless of my rank and authority.
Aha!
  • Half of bloggers believe that blogs will be a primary source for news and entertainment in the next five years. I tend to agree with this. I used to read Philippine Daily Inquirer online everyday. Now, I click on my favorite blogs first before I wade through PDI's news. There are days when I don't even read the news anymore.
  • Blogging created circle of friends, brought them closer, or has gotten them more engaged in their hobbies. That's true. Since I started blogging, I've met a lot of fellow bloggers from around the globe and became buddies with them. I think what makes bloggers closer to one another is because we're reading each others' personal thoughts -- those musings that we normally would write only in our diaries.
Finally, the haha
  • Asian bloggers tend to be more motivational and confessional. I guess it's true. Admittedly, when I write I tend to be confessional about my pains, worries, anxieties, etc. I notice it too in some of Pinoy blogs I visit. The Technocrati report said that this is more evident for bloggers under the age of 34. (Hmm...maybe there's something wrong about my birth certificate...maybe I'm only 33. Haha).
    The thing I like the most about blogging is that I get to read a lot of good works by Filipinos -- and get to converse with some them -- not personally but through the web. I will continually draw inspirations from them and hopefully, one day, would also be an inspiration to others too.

    3 Responses

    1. RJ says:

      Hahanapin ko sina Anne Tyler and Isabel Allende...

      Maganda itong 2008 status of the blogosphere. I've met some friends here, so I agree with your 2nd "aha." As well as your remarks there.

      Sa "haha" naman, totoo nga siguro. Ako mismo mahilig magsulat ng mga 'pains, worries, and anxieties lalo na pag nasa peak ako ng mga ganung kalagayan, buti sa ngayon hindi... Hahaha! (,"o

    2. Ze Cabreira says:

      ...then I'm even younger than you are(33). LOL!

    3. Nebz says:

      RJ: Hanapin mo si Isabel. Ala-Love in the Time of Cholera ang genre. Latin American din kc sya like Marquez. I really love her novels. I'm sure you would love her too.

      JVC: Ganun? Baka naman mas bata k talaga sa akin. I think you're only 28. O libre gupit ko sa barber shop mo ha.

    Leave a Reply

    Seven last works

    Get me via email

    Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


    Archives

    Powered By Blogger

    Daily dose 540

    The Lord's instructions.
    Written. Drawn. Designed.
    Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

    Visits