Strummed by a poignant song

Sub-title: Finding a heartwarming quill, a scary short story and a great song


Ever wrote a feel-good article about Ron Turon and I. It's...I don't know how to put it into words..very surreal and humbling. Thanks Ever.


And thank you forever Ever for letting me find the following:

Great blogs and a sad music

From Roel Pagoto's heartwarming Chook-minder's Quill, I found Abe Mulong Caracas' witty naksnaman with an article about Peryodiko's Sa Magkabilang Dulo, which I found in YouTube and (almost) instantly loved. (Too, if you visit nicely-laid Bananachoked, you'll hear the song on the background).

I just don't know why but while listening to Peryodiko's song and reading Roel Pagoto's blog, I can't help but feel melancholic. I think it's the Magkabilang Dulo's lyrics! So simple yet so true.

Or maybe it's the song's video on YouTube...that Filipina marrying that foreigner!

Or maybe it's the pain of being far away from home! Aahhh...the misery of an OFW!

Be scared...be really scared!

From Chook-minder's Quill, I found Roneiluke's On the Coffin Rock (The Chronicles of the Lost Mind) who wrote a quite scary story about a girl who just visited a wake and, on walking home, found herself being scared by the dead's ghost. There's an eerie sound on the background but I muted it because I'm alone in the house (and, damn, it's still Dia delas Muertos today!).

I wonder how I'd sleep soundly tonight.

Oh, yes. I'd be playing Peryodiko's Sa Magkabilang Dulo over and over until sleep finds me. There are days when I have to be blue in Saudi. This is that day, I guess.



If you have a Multiply account, you can visit and listen to Peryodiko here.

One Response

  1. RJ says:

    Ngayon ko lang po nakita ito, ah!

    Maraming Salamat po sa pagbanggit sa akin dito! "yaan nyo pagbubutihin ko pa po. Hahaha! na inspire ako nito ah.

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits