This December

Today, the crescent moon, Venus and Jupiter are picturesquely-set in the sky together (so bad, I didn't see it!). In Saudi, the wind is getting colder now which ushers in the winter season. In the Philippines, everyone's getting ready for Christmas and New Year, the most festive of the holidays. There's no holding back, in a month, 2008 will be over.

I've had Christmases and New Year in Saudi. Although Christmas is not publicly celebrated here, Filipinos manage to gather together and celebrate the season, cladestinely. During the past years, a few of us friends gather together to exchange gifts among ourselves and to non-alcoholically, sans the fireworks celebrate the coming year.

I'd be having a personal 'a year in review' of my 2008 -- ponder on the many goals that I missed and the few that I achieved. Thank God for all the blessings and continually, unashamedly, undeservingly ask for more.

I'd be making my 2009 goals once again -- sort of my personal road map to help me survive the year.

I'd be generating a new budget plan for the year just so I know where my earnings are going.

What will become of us in 2009? I don't know; I don't have my crystal ball (and turban). But by the look of things (economically), I'd say 2009 will be an extra difficult year for us Filipinos.

The coming year should, therefore, see us becoming more practical about our expenses, lesser of a spendthrift and more learned about the ways to make both ends meet. (Nothing new about that really. I said the same things to myself last year and the year before).

Here's my prayers for 2009...

I pray that 2009 will not be as difficult as most economists say it will be.
That price of commodities will not jack up as fast as it did in 2008.
That more Filipinos get better jobs abroad to help their families.
That OFW's remain faithful to their family.

I pray that there'd be lesser gunfire in 2009.
That deaths be because of old age and not because of senseless killings.

May the peso not weaken that much in 2009;
and may we receive the much-needed salary increases we have been aspiring for.
May our expenses be practical and necessary
and that we'd be able to save more for our family's future.

May there be peace on earth and goodwill to men
and more importantly,
may people find my blog inspiring
and may I find more blogs to inspire me.

Amen.

7 Responses

  1. RJ says:

    Ako pangalawang magkasunod na December ko na itong wala sa amin. Ayos lang naman, tatawag nalang ako sa Christmas at New Year.

    Napaka-meaningful ng buong prayer nyo, pero ang pinakagusto ko ay ang, "That OFW's remain faithful to their family."

    Yeah, 'Ang Pulo ni Nebz' is very nice ang inspiring!

  2. Anonymous says:

    Grand Amen sa panalangin mo dear Nebz!

    Anyways, paplug-in ha. Inspired by your post Saudi based Blogs, me and my friends are working out on the project of Pinoy Expats Aggregator site. This site will post a few sentences as snippet of the latest post a pinoy expat will post from the latest. When visitors click the name of the blog, title of the post and the snippets it will automatically be directed to your site. Pakopya ng list mo ha, at if you know pa anybody dito sa saudi at sa Middle east, email na lang po site link at blog title sa

    fugiko333@gmail.com


    Nebz, thankee yankee! (TY) :)

  3. aba pards. ahead ka ng isang buwan ah...i wish the wish you wish.

    buti kapa may pagkakataon makapagisip para sa susunod na taon...teka masimulan na nga rin.:)

  4. Anonymous says:

    "may people find my blog inspiring
    and may I find more blogs to inspire me."

    This is not difficult to achieved. I find your blog a good read and there are a lot of blogs out there that also deserves recognition.

    As for your other prayers, all I can say is... "sana nga".

  5. escape says:

    galing naman ng mga hiling mo para sa 2009. isinama mo talaga ang mga pinoy workers.

    tingin ko maganda ang economy next year masisira lang kasi dadami na ang mga election ad campaigns.

  6. Ze Cabreira says:

    At sana ma-realized ni Gloria atbp., na sobra-sobra na ang pera nila, na makita nila ng malinaw(malinaw pa sa sikat ng araw)ang pag hihirap ni Juan de la Cruz. Amen.

    PS.

    At sana ma-reverse na ang global Warming! Kawawa naman ang mga Polar Bears, wala ng tirahan.

  7. Nebz says:

    RJ: Kahit saan ka nandun, pwede mo p ring ipagdiwang ang Christmas. It's giving. Kaya hintay ko regalo mo ha...hehe.

    Kenj: All the time. Ikaw pa? E ka-Khobar yata kita.

    Ever: Ganyan talaga pag homesick, madaming naiisip. Kung sa Pinas lang ako, d ko maiisip gumawa ng mga plans and goals and budgets. Wala kc iba-budget. Hehe.

    Blogusvox: Sana nga rin talaga.

    The Dong: Tingin ko nga. Marami n namang kakalat na gold, guns and goons. Tapos sa atin rin babawiin later.

    JVC: Sana magkaroon na ng tunay na katiwasayan ang Pilipinas. Tsaka polar bears kahit walang yelo.

    Merry Christmas to all!

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits