What love is

Love has been the most favorite subject of arts and literature. Its literal meanings are diverse -- sometimes deep, mostly shallow. Its been used as an excuse to do silly things and sadly defaced and cheapened by an emotional society.

The following lines were taken from First Corinthians, Chapter 13.


Love is patient and kind;
it is not jealous or conceited or proud;
love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;
loves does not keep a record of wrongs;
love is not happy with evil,
but is happy with the truth.
Love never gives up,
and its faith, hope and patience never fail.

I may be able to speak the language of men and even of angels,
but if I have no love, my speech is no more than
a noisy gong or a clanging bell.

I may have the gift of inspired preaching;
I may have all knowledge and understand all secrets;
I may have all the faith needed to move mountains --
but if I have no love, I am nothing.

I may give away everything I have,
and even give up my body to be burned --
but if I have no love, this does me no good.

Reflection: Look at how a mother loves. Then we will find a love that is true and deep and biblical.

7 Responses

  1. RJ says:

    These lines from the book of I Corinthians never emphasized, or mentioned the word "true" before love, as in True Love.

    Does it mean there is no such thing as 'true love' or 'false love?'

    Love is LOVE. Nothing more, nothing less.

    If there is true (?!) love in this world, i'm sure this world is very peaceful!

  2. Nebz says:

    There is true love in this world, RJ. Ung love ng nanay sa anak.

    Sadly, there are more 'false' love around. Yong laging may hinihintay na kapalit, ung pansarili, ung bawal, ung karnal.

    Ganyan yata talaga ang buhay. There was someone who truly loved us but we nailed him to the cross.

    kakalungkot.

  3. BlogusVox says:

    "There was someone who truly loved us but we nailed him to the cross"

    I know it wasn't me and I'm sure it wasn't you, so stop torturing yourself on somebody else fault. Yan ang hirap dito sa mga pari. They "brainwash" us into thinking that suffering is a noble thing. To top that, they pass on to us yung "guilt" (like it was our fault) ng mga sinaunang tao.

  4. mahalin ang kapwa gaya ng pagmamahal sa sarili...lagi rin itong paalala ng aking mga magulang.

  5. Nebz says:

    Blogusvox: I think it's also good to always remember that everytime we forget the death of Jesus and everytime we sin, it's like bringing Him up to the cross to die.

    Ever: Totoo ka dyan. Kung saan nakatuon ang ating sarili, naroon ang ating pag-ibig.

    Talagang seryosohan na to?!!!

    Salamat po sa inyong pagdalaw.

  6. Anonymous says:

    masarap kasi pag usapan ang love. :)

  7. Nebz says:

    Joshmarie: True. Sa yo ko nga nabasa ung isang magandang post about love.

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits