Bury me in these songs

When I'm taken to my final place, I wouldn't mind if these songs are played in the background over and over again. Seriously.


Himig Heswita's Huwag Kang Mangamba
Four Christmases ago, I gave as a gift to my mom Himig Heswita's Your Dwelling Place album. It has been her favorite since. I will always remember her while listening to any of Himig Heswita's songs.



Himig Heswita's How Lovely is Your Dwelling Place

Sweetest of music. It lulls my spirit and I feel rested whenever I hear this.



Israel Kamakawiwo`ole's Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I first heard the song from an episode of ER (tv series) and at the end of Drew Barrymore's 50 First Dates. I thought I would forever hate the song when Jason Castro sang it in American Idol. I didn't. I still hate Jason Castro's hair and voice up to now but I remain to love Israel's Somewhere.



Mika's Grace Kelly

The first time I saw Mika on tv, I was a bit dismayed because I thought his look was 'so gay' with his neon color garterized pants and pink shirt. But when I heard his Grace Kelly, I thought he's kind of cool. The song is bit loud and a bit unmanly but still cool. It has been my favorite since.



Any Bob Marley's

What else can I say? No matter how down I feel, whenever I hear Bob Marley and the Wailers, I feel invigorated (and yet I'm asking you to bury me in this song? Ironic).

7 Responses

  1. you simply love music nebz. I am familiar of Bob Marley, I have some of his songs and its really inspirational like Mello Mood and the Rdemption. I love soft, mellow and classical music like Enya, Gregorian, Josh and songs of Vince Hill.

    Music soothes the soul, it lifts the down and worried spirits in us. I go to work with my mp3 on ear and go home with music as well. Music is life! Thanks for this post!

  2. A-Z-3-L says:

    Spiritual songs are the best when ur alone and weary and hopeless and sad.

    it brings peace.
    it brings enlightenment.
    it brings hope.

    nice post. ;)

  3. 00000000000 says:

    Hi Nebz! Belated Happy Puso and bday (tama b?tpos na bday m?) God bless always.

  4. Abou says:

    i just love tracy chapman songs and its lyrics. distict voice and sound.

    and i don't mind being buried with her music.

    in fact even the alphabet song would do. or the national anthem for all i care.

  5. pards salamat dito...bob marley madalas kong pakinggan toh.tamad lang akong tumingin sa you tube.

  6. What the hell.... Why oh why songs for your resting place???? Not yet hee!

  7. RJ says:

    [Honestly, itong post nyo ang hindi ko pa makikita o maririnig lahat sa ngayon. Paubos na po kasi ang aking internet allowance. Huhmn, mahirap din itong limited lang ang usage, ganito kasi ang provider ko sa mga wireless broaband subscibers nila. Wala kasi akong landline phone dito.]

    Sa February 21, 2009 mabubuksan ko na po ito. Sigurado maganda ang mensahe nitong mga paborito niyong kanta, base kasi sa mga isinusulat niyo Kuya Nebz, mataas ng inyong standards. 'Yong sa Himig Heswita sigurado na ako du'n. o",)

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits