God nudges us all

God nudges me especially during those moments when my intentions are not good.

Today, I attended a fire drill meeting in our office and while everybody else was glib-talking about how we could make our building a safer place, I opened my mouth to speak.

I said: "During safety, er accident, incidents, people normally group together."

Huh?

Yeah. That's what I said. Totally bereft of meaning. But I honestly heard the coordinator say that I raised a good point. Hu-what?! What's good about my point?! I don't even know what my point was.

Actually, what I wanted to say was: During emergencies, people normally converge with their respective groups hence we no longer need to put a demarcation flag on where each company must go.

Honestly, the only reason why I opened my mouth was be a 'show off'. Before my blunder, I imagined the attendees whispering to one another about how cool I am!

So you see, God nudged me and the faux pas brought me down on the ground.

How many occasions have I felt the nudge of God? A lot!

One day, I was about to insensitively namecall someone because I thought he was not around. I was about to say, where's the fag?! but I ended up asking where's-his name?. The guy responded. And I literally, sighed with relief!. I whispered: Thank you Lord for controlling my sinful tongue.

The other day I asked someone whether he finished the task I gave him and he confrontationally answered that he's loaded with other works and that I'm his last priority. I felt my ears reddened and I almost answered back. But God nudged me and I ended up telling the guy that my question was not, in any way, intended to berate him nor judge his work output. And that I could wait for a longer time because our deadline was extended. He apologized and we still are friends. Thank you, Lord.

One Saturday morning, we were in a car going to the office and no one was talking among us. Weekend hangover? Or perhaps Saudi blues? God nudged me and I blurted out: "Look at those sunflowers. So yellow and so sweet! Flowers are God's ways of smiling at people." They all smilingly agreed. Thank you, Lord.

God, is in fact nudging me now. He's saying that He should be the superstar of this post. He is.

I am the Lord your God. I teach you what is best for you. I direct you in the way you should go (Isaiah 48:17b)



[By the way, have you already subscribed to my feed? If you haven't, I'd appreciate if you do. Thanks.]

6 Responses

  1. Badong says:

    God is great! Madalaas din akong magkaron ng mga moments na ganyan. di rin kasi mapigilan tong bibig ko minsan e. Pero awa ng Diyos, marami pa naman akong kaibigan at di pa naman nagkakron ng kaaway. Have a blessed week!

  2. Unknown says:

    God has His own and many ways of nudging us to remind us that we should be humble like a little child, nasasaktan, pero di nagtatanim ng galit, di rin naoofend kahit sabihin mong uhugin, hehehe.

    Happy Easter!

  3. oppps, sori, naging Abdel Hadi ako bigla, wahahaha, nakalog-in pala ako sa company gmail namin! - Mr. Thoughtskoto

  4. Sardonyx says:

    Nice post and nice verse too, that's really true, sabi nga sa isang verse din, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." Kasi kung sarili lang natin marami tayong magagawang mali, dahil katuwiran natin tao lang tayo....dapat pala we have to deny ourselves, parang ang hirap pero dapat kayanin....naks parang totoo di yata bagay sa akin 'to hahaha

  5. The Pope says:

    In His own way, lagi syang nagpaparamdam sa atin, hindi nga lamang natin napapansin dahil nagiging masyado tayong abala sa ating pang-arawa-araw na gawin, trabaho, pamilya at personal na gawain.

    Binibiro tayo ni Bro sa maraming pagkakataon na maaaring naglagay sa atin sa isang nakakatawang sitwasyon o nagligtas sa atin sa isang simpleng kahihiyan, and we quickly attribute it to a day's fate of "swerte" or "malas". But have we given a thought that Bro is just simply nudging us and maybe whisphering in our ears "Lagi Kitang naaalala, sa bawat gabi na iyong pagtulog AKO'Y walang sawang naghahanda ng isang panibago at magandang umaga para sa iyo, pero kailan mo ba AKO huling naalala."

    Another inspiring post my friend, purihin ka Nebz.

  6. Niqabi says:

    Kuya Nebz, yours posts are inspiring and lahat may moral lesson. Ang galing po..And you know what?..I think the reason why God introduced me to you is to somehow give me a nudge. Thank you so much...

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits