In wandering, I saw these wonderful print ads

This is one of my weaknesses: finding a very good ad. Here are some I found today in different magazines...
(My other weaknesses include browsing at wonderful Pinoy websites like that of the Philippine Web Awards and beautifully, simply laid out blogs like Oh Joy, illuminating photographs like that of >Dennis Villegas, artful ideas from Fuel Your Creativity, and some wonderful writings like those found at the bottom half of New York Times. And yes, reading those blogs listed in my blogroll. Seriously.)

www.dupontelastomers.com


What I find amusing about this ad was the sight of those fishes jampacked in one small fishbowl and how one of them managed to leap to a bigger available container. Indeed, it's all about performance.

www.peaktech.com

"Cuddly, cute and small is nice...but some jobs simply call for strength, experience, agility and stability. "

"Sure, small is nice. But out in the real-world, it takes strength, know-how and experience to carry the big Oracle jobs for the long haul."


Well I don't totally agree with the ad because I believe that no matter how small you are, you can always learn and be bigger. But let's face it. In the real, real world, some works are better left to those who are able.

www.shell.com/realenergy

This is my favorite: Say yes to challenges!

"At Shell, we find it difficult to accept that a problem cannot be solved.

Look around you. The world is full of things that people said couldn't be done. Things that, some thought, would never happen.

New continents have been found. Men have played golf on the moon. Now straw is being turned into biofuel for cars.

So let's forget about negative thinking and say 'Yes' to new challenges. Bring on the questions, we'll search for the answers."

My sentiments exactly.

Aren't these ads wonderful?




[By the way, have you already subscribed to my feed? If you haven't, I'd appreciate if you do. Thanks.]

5 Responses

  1. witsandnuts says:

    The first one (DuPont's) is being used by other companies also. =)

  2. Ken says:

    tom morning n ako magcomment, hehehe...salamat sa comment na nileave u sa thoughtskoto. Tawag me tom.

  3. Hi Nebz, thanks for the plug ;).

    I'm also fond of advertisements, especially ones that are mind-challenging like the ones you featured here.

    Thanks!

  4. The Pope says:

    Great post, you really amazes me, nabibigyan mo ng mas malawak na kahulugan ang mga Ads at naiuugnap pa ito sa ating pangkalahatang pamumumuhay.

    Inspiring ;)

  5. Badong says:

    Nakakatuwa nga yung mga ads. Favorite ko rin yung sa shell. Tsaka medyo nakonek ko rin yun sa sinabi mo sa second ad..
    “In the real, real world, some works are better left to those who are able.”
    I could not agree more.

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits