Lessons of Freecell

This I learned: success is only sweet if we play honestly this game called life.
I while away my time, in the office and at home, by constantly playing computer games. I'm a total waste. (And wait till you hear the kinds of b-o-r-i-n-g games I play so you could regard me even worse!).

Freecell

I play the most boring game of Freecell which is a Solitaire-like game where you had to line up the card consecutively in black-red-black-red order.



It's a card game only aged, extremely bored people play. I am both.

To up the game

I self-impose a strictly rule: as soon as I hit a miss, I reset the game and return to zero. There are times I would play eight straight games until I'm out of a move. Believe me, it is difficult to keep a winning streak (those who've played Solitaire would attest to that). Along the way, I would either be out of a move or a card will get stuck in the middle and I've nowhere to go but hit the reset button.

I sometime wonder what my life would be if I have a reset button for every mistake I make?...

Confession: playing Freecell is like life

Winning a game in Freecell involves strategies (yes, even a boring game like that requires strategies).

The higher my winning stats go...
- the more exciting it gets (and the more I am hooked in playing).
- the more afraid I become in taking chances (the more careful I am in laying out the cards).

Last week, I made a straight game of 28! But there was no yehey!


Why I feel bitter?...

In a hush tone I confess: I was dishonest in getting that record. Around the 13th game, I made a wrong move and I got stuck. Not wanting to go back to zero, I reset my machine and voila! when I opened Freecell, my record stayed at zero losses. And I continued playing up to the 28th game without losing.

But honestly, my being dishonest emptied my feeling of winning. So very much like life, huh.

From my 14th to 28th games, the feeling was empty. There was no excitement (as if there really is in this kind of cardgame) and the more I won, the emptier I became. (I'm so very full of drama!).

In Freecell I learned that we could only be truly happy if we lead an honest life and play an honest game. Winning is only sweet if you play it honestly. (I read somewhere that true honesty is when you stay honest even when no one's watching).

I'm such a bore, getting life lessons from such a boring game called Freecell.

Haaay...the story of my life!

8 Responses

  1. angel says:

    tama ka kailangan lagi tayong honest, kahit sa laro or sa totoong buhay ntin kc pag gumawa tyo ng tama don lng tayo makaramdam ng saya at ayos ng buhay.

    binisita kita :)
    ingat lagi at god bless.......

  2. The Pope says:

    I praise you Nebz for your honesty in revealing a part of your life to us.

    Mary Kay Ash once said, "Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist."

    God bless you.

  3. NJ Abad says:

    Hello Nebz,

    Warm welcome to you.

    Ahahahaha... Freecell used to be my profession around 10 years ago... skipping meals, duties and appointments just to feel good with my winning streaks. And yes I did 'cheat' so many times.

    You're definitely right, the secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. And if we can fake the two, we've got it made.

    So many people tell me that the best measure of a man's honesty is to check his income tax return. For me I don't struggle with that, exempted kasi OFWs eh... My struggle now is the the zero adjust on the bathroom scale and to tell them the real size of my pants. Hahahaha!

  4. 00000000000 says:

    Yup, i tried playing Hangaroo. Ang kulit n0? Nagagalit sya pag mali sagot mo. Hahah

  5. Ken says:

    haha, i think i can honestly say I havent tried that one yet. I played Dota-Warcraft, Red Alert and General games. I have a workmate though, who will come up to my office every lunch time and play solitaire...He's enjoying it, especially the sound of the cards....tak tak takakatakk! hehehe

  6. honest game...uu pards kailangan yun,kailangan din magpraktis para may laban kahit freecell.kahit ikaw ang nasawi ikaw parin ang magwawagi!..parang buhay parang life!..hay!..isa pang hay!

  7. Sardonyx says:

    Akala ko naman popular game ang nilalaro mo hehehe, I used to play that game too pero nakakainis nga pag wala ka ng maitira. Mukhang pinilipit mo pa ang isip mo para ikumpara ang game na yan sa life mo, ang drama mo talaga hahaha. Pero honestly natawa talaga ako while I was reading your blog....boring man sa iba pero pinasasaya ka naman nito yun ang mahalaga...yan ang honest! at hindi ka "madrama" pinapatawa lang kita, naks. Teka matry nga yan game na yan uli parang namiss ko eh hehehe.

  8. maganda ang game na ito..kahit hanggaro...pero maganda din ang Zuma...ahehehe...pero mag-online chess mejo mas masaya... ;D

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits