My unpolite-tical takes on current issues

I hate politics and my view of the Philippine politics is downright negative.
For me, anyone who enters into the political arena is either dirty, corrupt, plain stupid, or a combination of all. I hate people who twist the truth. I hate people who use the media to advance their self-interests (and I hate the media for sensationalizing at times!). I hate those people who are holier-than-thou and always on the lookout for something or anything negative to say about the Philippines (or about someone else!). I hate those people who blame everybody else except themselves.

No matter how hateful I am of politics, and because I am a political animal, as all are Aristotle said, I still maintain a certain stand on certain issues.

My take on Jun Lozada

I hate myself for not liking Jun Lozada. Frankly, I thought he hasn't told any truth since the start. All he did is insinuate. And the saddest part is that the intelligente in Manila seemed to have accepted his insinuations as evidence of truth.

And I think this is the reason why no matter how many political figures back him up and support him, they will not be able to summon up enough number for any change of guard in the government.

My take on presidential elections

None of those I've elected in the past ever won. But I will be on continuous lookout for someone who'd satisfy my following criteria:

Must be faithful to the marriage. If you can't be faithful to your wife, how can you be faithful to the many?

Must always be truthful. Always direct to the point, no frills, no fuzz, no insinuations.

Must not be a media ass-kisser. In fact, the lesser the media mileage, the better. I hate those politicians who jump at an issue the soonest they get a chance.

Blah...blah...

Better yet, why not we plot a table using Carlos Alberto Montaner's 20 categories in electing a good president (actually he listed only 19, I don't know why, that's why I added the 20th category).

Like so...


Full file is available if you want to copy or download it.

Montaner is a respected Latin American journalist, a professor and President of Firma Press.



[By the way, have you already subscribed to my feed? If you haven't, I'd appreciate if you do. Thanks.]

9 Responses

  1. Unknown says:

    hay naku, yan lozada na yan, napaka self righteous, sya numero unong namumulitiko.
    kala mo kung sinong banal. paiyak iyak pa, corrupt din sya
    kung gusto nya mamatay at makulong lahat ng corrupt, mauna na sya

  2. RJ says:

    Nagulat ako sa entry na ito. Sana pagkatapos niyong ma-enumerate ang mga 'hates' niyo, Kuya Nebz, 'yong mga likes (love) niyo naman. o",)

  3. Francesca says:

    normal ka na tao to hate the politics,

    i dont like politics mixed with the church,

    both are looking for self glory.

    in pres elections i never voted, kc whatever they promised nothing had been made.

    kasabihan nga eh, politics is soo dirty people in it do the best they could to survive

    some churches mixed with the affairs of the world, they should not.

    the only religion that doesnt mixed with politics are the JEHOVAH 'S WITNESSES

  4. Sardonyx says:

    I hate politics too! Sa sobrang hate ko hindi na ako nagbabasa ng dyaryo or news sa Pilipinas hehehe....kaya eto sumobra naman ang outdated ko, every time kasi akong nakakabalita sa atin puro na lang "bad news" eh, nakakawalang gana lalo na kung nakikita ko na naghihirap ng naghihirap ang mga kamag-anak ko at patuloy na yumayaman ang mga pulitiko.

    BTW, ano na naman yan feedburner mo parang twitter? twitter kasi ako di ko rin ma update hehehe, try ko next time na ifollow ka.

  5. Badong says:

    sadly, we have the thought about lozada. haist. i've never been interested with politics. i don't know if it's a good thing or not.

  6. The Pope says:

    On Jun Lozada, is he a hero or a hypocrite? Did he testify because of his guilt or did he testify because of the surmounting pressures? Is he an enemy of the State or a puppet of the Opposition?

    Our nation has lost its political moral values, graft and corruption at its peak from highest ranking officer of the land down to a municipal clerk, the notorious hoodlums in robe, the upper and the lower houses that complement each other for their own political interests, the greed in pork barrel funds, scams and anomalies in all government departments and institutions.

    I need to learn a lot from this blogging thing Nebz, right now all I know is to write, publish and post comments in this blogging world. It's my daughter in the Phils. has designed this site, hahahaha, don't worry pag natutunan ko na itong "feeds" na ito, I'll let you know - hahahaha.

  7. enjoy says:

    di ako magre-react dito kasi sa totoo lang, wala akong gaanong alam sa mga nangyayari sa pulitika. di kasi ako mahilig manood ng balita o magbasa man lang kahit sa internet. wala na kasi akong nakikitang matinong tao na nakaupo ngayon sa gobyerno kaya nakikinig na lang ako sa mga (violent) reactions ng hubby ko. hehehe!

    (kunyari wala akong reaction...)

    :)

  8. Reading your post makes me realize how similar we are on so many views.

    I also hate politics and think of people who use it for their own ends as the true criminals of our society.

    Ewan ko ba, Nebz, medyo disillusioned na ako sa ating pulitika. I no longer have any trust to our political system.

  9. Garando says:

    My take on this:
    What makes a great country = 50:50
    50% government 50% people
    I really believe that each person can make a difference in changing our country. But we all must be faced in the right direction.
    Seeing jeepneys, buses, pedestrians ignore traffic signs, people bribing government employees, not flushing public toilets, these are small things that make it seem like we have a long long way to go... :(

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits