Mirror conversations: Part 1 of many

It's hard if half of yourself is a bitch...

Why I'm not surprised. I told you there are better designs than yours. And you thought you did well. Well, you didn't.

But I joined only for fun.

Soothe yourself, lick your wound, smile. The point is you cannot beat them.

I said I only joined for fun.

Whatever.

Azel's design is nice. Actually they're all nice.

You could have done better.

Yes, I could have done better. But you must admit that my post in Ako Mismo is good.

Yeah. After writing such a lame pledge.

Hey, that's not lame. To promise one's self that you're going to be better is something that's not at all lame.

But you could have put something more concrete.

Like what?

Like...like...putting up a foundation for a free education. That would be nice. Ala'Ophra in Africa.

Am I Ophra?

(Chuckles). I forgot. You're poor and you're an OFW.

Just what do you mean by that?

You're poor. You don't even have a decent savings for yourself. That's because you're an OFW who thinks you can help everyone.

Sorry?

Aren't all OFWs like that? They think of helping everyone of their relatives and in the end forgetting about themselves.

Are we like that?

Yeah. And if you will not change, one of these days you'll find yourself penniless, jobless and cursing those people you've helped because they cannot help you in return.

I won't be like that.

Won't be like what? Poor? OFW? You're not going to be an OFW forever. And pleeease...don't consider yourself rich because you're not.

I'm satisfied with what I have.

(Rolls his eyes). Defeating lines of defeated people.

Hey, I'm not a defeated person.

Whatever.

I said, I'm not!

Fine! But remember what I'm going to tell you: You're not defeated YET. But if you don't change your ways, you'll BE.

What ways? What ways?!

Don't loathe. That's all.

Loathe? What loathe? Where are you?!

(And then I saw my own reflection once again).

...but then sometimes, the bitch is right. And I'm awakened.

7 Responses

  1. ENJOY says:

    based!

    ang cool nito. i do that a lot. i always talk to myself, but not in front of a mirror. minsan kahit naglalakad ako kinakausap ko ang sarili. tumatawa pa nga ako mag-isa eh. hahaha! unti na lang pipik-upin na ko ng institution :)

  2. Sardonyx says:

    hahaha natawa naman ako sa'yo, para kang commercial ng safeguard, may kausap lagi hahaha sorry puro commercials talaga ang laman ng utak ko ngayon e....pero maganda naman ang design mo no, kaw talaga masyado ka kasing pessimistic....wag ganyan....tsaka wag mong nilalait ang pagiging OFW mo no, drama mo ha nanonood ka ba ng mga teleserye? hehehe...wala lang

  3. Francesca says:

    i view your post today as a realistic
    assessment of what you can do or cannot do.

    but there again if you cant put limit it is a problem.

    Tulong sa pamilya hanggang saan?
    when wala tayo sa abroad nabuhay sila walang nagpapadala
    ngayung nasa abroad kulang na ang padala

    ganyan na ngayun ang buhay tumaas expenses nila because dollars na raw sweldo ni Kuya.

    also yung ano man kasi ang nagawa natin we dont regret doing it and if we make mistakes it is normal .
    ika nga trial and error

    at least you try than yung iba never tried and never get anything or never discovered

    do things you think is best
    and end of the day in bedtme you can say to God

    "I did my part.
    Im now leaving YOU the rest."

    That is a sign of humility to our Creator that we have limits.

  4. witsandnuts says:

    Haha. Nakakarelate ako dito. Minsan ganyan din ako, nagsosoul searching this way. This is one entertaining and meaty post.

  5. Anonymous says:

    madalas kong gawin yan kuya. :P

  6. JΣšï says:

    hey! salamat sa pagbisita sa aking peyds... at natawa naman ako sa post mo ngayon...minsan ganyan din ako...kinakausap ang sarili pero hindi sa harap ng salamin...

    nweiz, alam ko na kung sino ang mananalo...pero kahit ndi man tayo manalo atleast we share our talent sa mga pipol dito sa bloggywood. talent daw oh...lolz

    alam mo... ndi kase ako nag-vo-vote buying! hahahaha!!!

  7. RJ says:

    Ayos to ah! Hahaha! Di ko talaga naisip na pwede palang gawin 'to. U

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits