Dramatic Ant-eulogy

Dear God...if I will become an ant in my next life, let me not be a bathroom ant.

Scene: Inside our bathroom

I was lounging in the loo for my usual 'call of nature' thing, flipping an old magazine which I've already read ten times (there are people who smoke inside the loo while poo-ing; I read. Okay. I smoke and read.) when I suddenly noticed an ant floating in the pail filled with water.

Seemed lifeless.

(I heart ants. I thought they're the most self-sufficient, industrious, humble creation of God).

I scooped it with my finger and daintily laid its body on top of the white sink. It moved. It's alive!

Limping, the ant crawled. One foot at a time. I can't see whether it's drying itself or it's painfully twitching its body. How was I to know?

All of a sudden, I felt a surge of pity for the ant. Nowhere in our two square meter bathroom do I see any other ants. For an ant, our small bathroom could already be its whole world! Even if he makes it limping, who'd take care of him. Where's his family? And why am I suddenly calling the ant a 'he'?

For a few sec, I thought of playing God and lynch the ant to death. Euthanasia.

But I thought, maybe there's a bigger reason why I saved him. Maybe God has a reason why He made me save the ant. Maybe the ant is destined to become the leader of all ants living in the vast expanse of our bathroom.

The sad part is I will never know. Ever. Because as soon as I finished poo-ing, the ant was gone. Maybe it committed suicide and jumped from the sink to the floor.

I looked. It's not on the floor.

Maybe God gave the ant its wings and it flew while I'm hosing myself.

Maybe the ant assumed in ant's heaven.

Or maybe the ant was just my imagination.

I soaped my hands. I brushed my teeth. And before I turned off the bathroom lights, I muttered a silent prayer: God, if you're going to make me an ant in my next life, let me not be a bathroom ant.

12 Responses

  1. 2ngaw says:

    OFW din kaya sya Parekoy? :D ...

    Pero kung iisipin mo, paano kaya kung tayo ang nasa kalagayan nya at sila ang may hawak ng magazine? Ililigtas nya din kaya tayo gaya ng ginawa mo? o biglang papaluin ng magazine? lolzz tatanong lang pre :D

  2. Sardonyx says:

    Homesick ka rin ba at pati ant pinagdidiskitahan mo na? hehehe
    Baka galing pa ng Pilipinas yang ant na yan at kumapit sa maleta mo? .....hindi kaya matamis ang banyo mo?? hehehe

    I think the moral lesson of your story ay.....let's just be thankful of what we have right now, sa lahat ng blessings from God....pasalamat din tayo at hindi tayo naging langgam dahil isang tiris lang siya sa daliri ng tao hehehe

  3. RJ says:

    Sana meron akong power pala alamin kung ano ang nangyari at mission nu'ng loo ant na 'yon dito sa mundo.

    Simpleng creature, nagawan ng napakamakabuluhang kwento. Ayos! U

  4. A-Z-3-L says:

    if not a bathroom ant kuya, then what? lolz!

  5. Ken says:

    Why on earth there's an ant in the bathroom? Showering? Or poo-ing, haha. But kudos to the ants Nebz, they are industrious, hardworking, and never complaining insect.

    Have you seen the movie, ANTS? nice huh?

    Ayaw mo ng ants, ayaw naman ni pogi ng surot at ipis. My the power vested in me, I will make you a butterfly? whatchathink? Hehhee

    EB tayo ha, taga eastern Province muna, probably next Thursday, 11

  6. BlogusVox says:

    Homesick lang yan! Tiis lang ng konti at sa pinas ka na rin.

    As a catholic, it sounds funny. Isinama mo pa ang hindu concept of reincarnation sa prayers mo. : )

  7. Badong says:

    buddha ikaw ba yan? kaso ant naman ang pinag-interesan. hehe. but this is a very deep post, i should say.

  8. 00000000000 says:

    Nebz, okay sa hiling ah. Hahah! Baka po napanaginipan mo pa ung langgam? Ako if ever, gusto ko dog. Cute na dog dapat heheh!

  9. The Pope says:

    Another amusing post Nebz, it bring me to a realization that both human and ants are struggling to survive, and on carrying out their daily life activities it cannotr be avoided that conflict erupts between human and ants... and both fight for survival in this planet earth.

    Isn't it amazing that God created ants for a special purpose, to co-exist with all species like us to establish a balance in our eco-system?

    Life is Beautiful.

  10. Pinky says:

    Loved the wit of this post, Nebz! And very timely too! My daughter, also while doing her thing in the bathroom, shouted for me to come quickly since there was "a black thingie on the floor"... guess what? It was an ant!

  11. madjik says:

    the ant definite had wings.. la lang hehehe..

    nice to be back here and no ala pang bago sa kuta ko..^_^

  12. Anonymous says:

    The ant is god kabayan.

    :p

    have a great week ahead!


    -samjuan

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits