My entries to PEBA 2009 Badge Contest

In response to Kenjie's call for the design of PEBA 2009's badges, I (without prior knowledge in color combinations and totally inept of Photoshop) literally toiled nightly to come up with a decent design entry.

(My boss also told me I'm color blind so please pardon me for any color mismatch in these badges).

Haven't you noticed yet my endless excuses? Ehem, I'm just being dramatic. Paawa ba. Frankly, I wanted this to be better and I guess, given more time, I could come up with a better design. (And by then it's already PEBA 2011!).

Below are my produce.

Proposed theme badges

Size (400 x 354)





Proposed badge for the nominated blogs

Size (200 x 180)
PEBA-Nominated

Proposed badge for the winning blogs

Size (200 x 180)
PEBA-Winner

Here's the PSD file for the winner badge in case someone wants to modify it. I wouldn't mind as long as it's to be used for PEBA. (To download it from http://www.4shared.com/, login using your Google account).

PS: My design is based on...

This addendum is based on Yanah's comments (see below) about including a reason for the design.

Perhaps I could just explain about my color choice.

I chose light and heavy tinted gold (if it's not gold to you then it validates my being color blind) because it's for a blog contest. Whoever wins this contest gets a badge that is colored gold. Secondly because gold is the color that's akin to winning the top prize.

Why the butterfly? It's in the original design of PEBA done by Kenjie and noticeably, it represents the colors of the Philippine flag.

8 Responses

  1. 2ngaw says:

    Wow!!!Astig!!!Tuloy na tuloy na talaga to!!! :)

  2. Sardonyx says:

    ang galing mo naman nebz! hanep! ganda ng color blending at syempre yun graphics

  3. Ron Centeno says:

    Great job Nebz! Very nicely done!

  4. PEBA says:

    You are DESIGNATED as DESIGN NO. 1 in the current Entries. You have total of 2 VOTES so far. Thats the advantage of first entries. You can ask for people to vote for you. PEBA will choose two entries, one Popular and the other Judges Pick.

    Thanks a Lot for Joining

  5. A-Z-3-L says:

    wow! good job kuya Nebz!!!

  6. yAnaH says:

    haller kuya nebz..
    reminder lang poh.. we need yung explanation poh ng design mo..
    pa-edit na alng poh netong PEBA badge entry mo and pa incluse na alng poh ng explanation ng design..

    in behalf of PEBA 2009 team..
    thank you for joining ang Goodluck..

  7. yAnaH says:

    include***
    sorry

  8. The Pope says:

    REMARKABLE!

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits