Here's the kid who drew my PEBA entry


Matthew 18:2.He called a little child and had him stand among them.
Moi drew those graphics in my PEBA entry. An eight-year old Moi.

He's not my nephew although I have nephews (from my maternal cousins) who look like him. My mother even surmised a nephew from a distant cousin will grow up LIKE him. I don't want to know what my mother means.

The kid dreamt of becoming a lot of things: a lawyer, a doctor, a teacher, as most kids dreamt of being when they grow up.

People are divided in claiming that he's a good-looking lad but in my opinion, he's being kind-hearted shadows whatever ugliness that is in him.

You're right. It's a child who drew my PEBA entry. An eight year old.
Others claim that he is talented person.

Perhaps.

I sometimes find him weird because he weaves a lot of ideas in his mind but ends up doing nothing. His choice of colors sometimes turns me off. He claims he likes earth colors but ends up using pastels.

What a person of contradiction!

Oh, we converse every so often! Sometimes an eight year old has more decent (and coherent) things to say than a grown up.

My friends like him once in a while but his being an eight-year old sometimes turns off some people.

He writes well. At least on that aspect we agree. Although there are a few occasions that I despise what he's writing. I mean, he's being 'too-safe' when I knew he could be very opinionated about some issues, about some people.

As I said, he was eight when he drew my PEBA entry. Although he is eight most of the time (so childish I mean!), in reality, he is no longer a kid.

The fact is: in later years, he'll end up living far from his family.

The fact is: in later years, he'll grow up to be an OFW like probably the most of you reading this post.

The fact is: we share the same name. The same soul.

The fact is, the kid who drew my PEBA entry is Moi! Not Moi, as in short for Moises, but Moi as in "me" in French! (And if you still say otherwise, I don't blame you).

There's one thing I know: I will forever love the eight-year old in me. Because, unlike my current self now, the young Nebz is forever hopeful, unafraid, always filled with dreams and pure in thoughts. (And, for an eight-year old, he draws good, don't you agree?).

12 Responses

  1. A-Z-3-L says:

    i never doubted when i first saw your entry... the culprit was you!

    the color itself gives me the hint that the one who drew is never a kid but the owner of this Island!

    it's great, really!

    and your elementary picture... hmmmm... like a virgin! aw!

  2. sinasabi ko na bat pareho tayong gwapito nung araw, at syempre hanggang ngayon.ha ha ha.

  3. Ken says:

    An eight year old child in you who looks so fresh, so innocent, so pure, and goodlooking.

    An eight year old child whom I admire and look up to.

    An eight year old child whom we, the Thoughtskoto's call as our friend.

    I love your blog post today Nebz! I really do!

  4. The Pope says:

    I knew it was you, the man with a genius mind behind those creative sketches that has brought vibrant colors that renders a breath of life to your entry.

    An innocent eye of an eight year old kid, so naive with a spontaneous creativity, I thought I was staring at the eyes of Santino of May Bukas Pa.

    God bless.

  5. Anonymous says:

    Azel: E bakeet? Virgin pa rin naman ako hanggang ngayon a. Technically.

    Ever: Hindi nga. Actually, ikaw sana ang pado-drawing-in ko para kunyari collaboration ng 2 OFW. D ba mainam na suhestyon? Kaya lang alam kong bz ka palagi kaya ipinagpilitan kong gumuhit kahit very elementary ang dating.

    Kenjie: Your comment always uplifts me. Kakaiyak naman...

    The Pope: Huwag kang ganyan. Baka madiscover ako ng Channel 7 e tapatan nila bigla ang May Bukas Pa. Ang title? May Taning Na. Joke lang po. Salamat po sa uplifting words.

  6. RJ says:

    Wow! So, it was 'Moi'! This is an absolute surprise for me, actually...

    [Bakit parang wala akong masabi?!]

    I'm glad you've allowed us to meet and 'know' this very talented child. (I agree, for an 8-year old he draws well!)

    Tama si The Pope... Huhmn, kung nagkasabay lang sila sa duyan ni ni Zaijian Jaranilla tiyak itong si Moi ang nakuhang gumanap bilang Santino sa May Bukas Pa.

  7. ganyan talaga ang nagagawa ng bakasyon,gumagana ang isip at inspirasyon..yahoo yahooo!

    p.s.
    natutuwa ako sa nebz,ang galing mo pards!taas ang kamay ko, kasama na paa! toink! aray nahulog tuloy ako!

  8. witsandnuts says:

    I knew it. That was you and nobody else but you. Heehee. That's true, sometimes it's more worthwhile to listen to the words of wisdom coming from the kiddos - unpretentious, exploratory, makes you embrace your old self and thankful for what you have became. =)

  9. Ruel says:

    oh it's you..a multi-talented Moi. A talent will always be a talent..And nobody can take this out from you..It could be copied but could not be equaled.

  10. Sardonyx says:

    sabi na nga ba ikaw yun nagdrawing eh hehehe....tapos nagscroll down kagad ako para makita ko yun picture hmmmm parang walang pinagbago hehehe ikaw nga :-D...ang galing!

  11. Kudos to this kid... and the man he grew up to be. Good luck po sa PEBA 2009 Nebz! The Pink Tarha Ladies support you all the way! :)

  12. Garando says:

    Sabi nga nila, growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. I can totally relate to this post! hehe.
    I saw you got nominated sa PEBA. Congratulations and I wish you the best of luck!!

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits