So unhealthy

'Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body...'(hik!)

Warning: I may be drunk when I decided to post this.

I've been wanting to shed off my belly fats because it's so un-sexy. But because I'm lazy, I instead derive personal satisfaction in posting funny emails deriding healthy living and justifying my laziness.

Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer. That's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster.

Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable).

Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!

Aren't fried foods bad for you?
You're not listening! Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Is chocolate bad for me?
Are you crazy? Hello, cocoa beans ! Another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

Is swimming good for your figure?
Is swimming is good for your figure? Explain whales to me.

Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?
Hey! 'Round' is a shape!

Remember: 'Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: Woo hoo! what a ride!

Ain't I soooo bitter?

Or maybe too drunk.

(Promise. When I become sober tomorrow, I'll tell you of my short leave).

12 Responses

  1. witsandnuts says:

    Hahaha! That was hillarious. I'm full of excuses, too when it comes to trimming down. Welcome back!

  2. Life Moto says:

    well this is nice post bro. just coffee and apple. before sabi masama ang kape dahil nakakataas ng bp, now advisable ang kape sa pipol w/ high bp.
    apple every day keep a doctor away but keep the dentist in.
    nalilito na tuloy ang tao sa good and bad health habits.

  3. RJ says:

    o",) Nice, I like it! Hahahaha!

  4. Sardonyx says:

    welcome back Nebz! Sayang di tayo nagkita sa Pilipinas (as in parang may time para magkita dun hehehe)....parang tama lahat mga execuses na to hmmm di na nga ako magda diet din hehehe

  5. A-Z-3-L says:

    welcome back kuya!

    natawa ako dito:
    "Is swimming is good for your figure? Explain whales to me." hahahaha!

    sige, i'll be waiting for your vacation story...

  6. BlogusVox says:

    Too much of everything is not good. Tama ka Nebz, walang bawal basta pa konti-konti lang!

    Welcome back, buddy! : )

  7. Anonymous says:

    Nebz, super funny. I like this... sana we are always drunk para naman okay ang thinking natin.

    Hope you are enjoying your vacation (or are you back now?)

  8. Ken says:

    Haha, Welcome Back Nebz! You're probably not drunk, maybe you just gain weight because of the delicious and yummylicious foods and fruits back home, haha. Or you're just homesick. Pero very very funny.

    After all, whatever the experts and the doctor says, it all depends on our choice. We are the master of ourselves.

  9. Badong says:

    welcome back!ang adik kagad ng post na nilagay niyo a.

  10. The Pope says:

    It's great to know that you're back, and thanks for sharing this post, I hope my wife can read this so she'll stop complaining about my pot belly.

    God bless.

  11. niqabi says:

    Is swimming good for your figure?
    Is swimming is good for your figure? Explain whales to me.

    nyahaha i like it!..
    welkam bak kuya nebz...
    mejo matagal-tagal ko ring inabangan pagbabalik mo.. :)

  12. Pinky says:

    Thanks for sharing this! Now I have something tangible to refer to to justify my...uhm..."indecisiveness" in exercising - hahaha! :lol:

    And the swimming bit? It cracked me up! Especially now na plano ko pa naman mag-swim to get a little bit fit. Wag na lang pala at baka maging balyena pa ako lalo!

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits