A paragraph about savings

Since this post is about savings, I guess my putting it in one paragraph just saved me quite a number of white (web)space ;-)
These are my personal views about saving money: It takes at least one life's blow before we realize how important it is to save money. Some people are lucky to experience it an early age; others only experience it at the apex of their lives and therefore die sorrowful. (Oh, I know I'm certainly wrong in saying that). Some purchases that we claim to be important are actually not necessary. We only learn that when we finally lose money. To 'live a simple life' is easier for those who have money than those who don't. The have-nots sometimes live more extravagantly than the haves. That's why some people become poorer, the others, richer. We sometimes boast unnecessarily and sometimes, too, boasting costs money. (Mayaman ka? Bweno, ilibre mo kami!) When you borrow money from a friend, the friendship ends as soon as you delay your payment. Contrary to what they claim, banks never care for you; they only want your money. Their service charge is always high and their interest is always low. I envy those people with credit cards because they get to make purchases in a jiffy. My envy ends every end of the month. Credit facilities are secretly praying that you delay your payment, fortuitously or by choice. The more you delay your credit payment, the happier your bank becomes. I also envy those people who 'live for today', spending money like there's no tomorrow. I hope they live a long life. Finally, when you grow old, you become thriftier, more practical, and wiser in your spending. I'm neither. Because I'm still young!. Why I did this post in one paragraph? It's about savings so I guess I just saved quite a number of whitespace by doing this. I promise never to repeat this. (But at least now you know how boring it really is to read a one paragraph post, right?).

16 Responses

  1. mightydacz says:

    thanks for this post....iipon na ako lol

  2. The Pope says:

    Nice post, you have saved so much space. This reminds me check my calendar on how many days left for the next payday.

    Western Union must be thinkin the same way. The money that I will withdraw on the 30th is just passing my hands and will be replaced with a remittance receipt which in turn will end in my Banco de Oro account. BDO must be happy with my deposits. The savings that is subject for spending on my next vacation, hahahaha.

  3. 2ngaw says:

    Hehehe :D Paano ako mag iipon eh diretso sa western union?, Kasi sa hinayaan ko na ang wife ko ang mag ipon sa Pinas :)

  4. Badong says:

    totoo! dapat talaga i-save lahat ng pwedeng i-save! aliw. pero ako di na kailangang paalalahanan. kuripot kasi ako.

  5. witsandnuts says:

    Heehee, I have started drafting a post about savings yesterday. May mga "panggising" talagang pangyayari minsan bago matuto ang tao na mag ipon.

  6. BlogusVox says:

    Thriftiness among the young is possible if they where taught the value of money at an early age.

  7. Life Moto says:

    check out w/ francisco colayco's advice marami tayong matutunan sa personal finance,the practical ways.
    nice post bro!

  8. A-Z-3-L says:

    Pano ba magsave ung "sapat" lang ang kinikita para mabuhay ng 30 days?

    Mahirap ata...

  9. di naman boring ah...teka anu ba yun..di ko pa tapos basahin eh. he he he.:)

  10. This is a timely wake-up call to many of us, especially now that the Ber months are already near. Alam mo naman Pinoy gastos dito gastos doon ng walang katuturan lalo na pag magpapasko.
    I hope they read this entry para ma-inspire sila na mag-tipid tipid naman.

  11. Ken says:

    We have no Credit cards, and not planning to have one. The post is biting,

    but i post this printed phrase in our room

    "We can afford it but we don't need it. We want it but we can't afford it. We don't even want it at all."

    Sabi nila, " The sweetest words to say is "I LOVE YOU. But the most caring words to say :WE CAN'T AFFORD IT."

  12. Sardonyx says:

    may tama ka! boring nga....boring ang isang paragraph pero tinapos ko rin kasi maikli naman hehehe pag hinabaan mo pa ng 3 pangungusap eh boring talaga. Yup, may tama ka uli! Dapat ngang mag-ipon....kaso yun unang sweldo ko ang ilang bahagi nito ay naipadala ko rin sa pIlipinas dahil sa naloko yun kuya ko....feeling ko nga ako yun naloko e hehehehe.....pero ok lang, babalik naman siguro sa akin ang mabuting karma....ako wala akong naiipon masyado kasi panay ang uwi ko ng Pilipinas....meron naman akong nabiling lupa....yun nga lang sa paso pa hehehe

  13. Makis says:

    Totally agree with your ideas on savings. But these days the ability to save is not for everybody. How to save when you have so little?

    Credit cards are evil! France have always worked with debit cards. Now, banks are offering a dual card, a debit/credit card. The possibility of spending more than your means. The thought is scary.

  14. Niqabi says:

    No its not boring at all..
    Sa pinas hanggang dito may mga apply ng apply for credit cards akong mga kasama pero I just don't like the idea of it kaya I don't havee one. one. Mahirap na baka mabaon sa utang hehehe...

    OO nga kuya paano makakasave kung yung kita sakto lang for 30 dayS?.. anyways important talaga mag-ipon for the rainy days..

    thanks for this post naremind ako na dapat mag-ipon :P

  15. Niqabi says:

    ay naging two ung one ko :P weird :P hehehe

  16. RJ says:

    I love the explanation about 'saving money'. Great! May mga tips pa! o",)

    Pero pagdating sa pag-save ng 'paragraph space' dito sa bloggosphere, please... HUWAG naman po. Huh! =,{

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits