Being dishonestly dishonest


Do we really need to be truly honest? I mean, royal true honest?
It is difficult to be 100% honest. The more if you want to be saintly honest. Or honestly honest.

Once in a while I unremorsely lie especially when I feel that telling the truth will yield worse results.


3. If it's to a child.

Such are these occasions:

1. When there are other people around and I know telling the truth will embarrass you big time.

I say: Uh. (Smiles). Uh. (Smiles even more).

I silently think: You're lying to your teeth. Your Nokia E91 is second hand. You bought it from your boss for SAR 500, not brand new at SAR 1,500 as you're now claiming.


2. When telling the truth will not benefit the person; when telling a white lie will make him improve for the better.

I say: Better than your last artwork.

I silently think: Was it a decapitated bird? or someone else's turd?

I say: Don't cry. Of course there is a Santa. In fact, he'll be bringing you your wishes this Christmas. What do you ba for Christmas?

I silently think: Of course, there's a Santa. But he never gives gifts! He only appears every Christmas to become a marketing gimmick!

4. If it will create an enmity between two people.

I say: It's not true! She didn't gossip about you.

I silently think: She did talk about you and was even planning to publish your story in her Facebook had I not told her not to.

5. If truth will devastate a person's heart.

I say: No, she hasn't told me anything about breaking up with you. Take her out on a dinner and have a talk with her. I'm sure whatever problems you two have can be sorted out.

I silently think: Yes, she's breaking up with you because of your size!

Yes, like most people, I falter.

But in most instances, I try to be honest. When I feel I've gone beyond my limit of lying, I just keep my mouth shut.

6 Responses

  1. Life Moto says:

    sabi nga white lie is still a lie. Ganun pa man we need not to be a saint instead a human na lang.

    Just balance the our gestures jung nakakabuti ba ito or nakakasama for being dishonest.

  2. I'm not good at lying, because I stutter and my face shows I'm lying but there are instances that I have to toughen up my act because I want to protect and to avoid hurting others. What I do is I don't lie outright. I "circumvent" or beat around the truth. But you know how it goes... a lie is a lie is a lie.

    - Sundrenched

  3. Reymos says:

    You're right....just keep our mouth shut! It is indeed a human nature to "please" every one, so better just say..."no comment"...

  4. The Pope says:

    I always tell my kids that dishonesty is a thief's character because nothing can justify a lie. I know that this world is full of deceits and dishonesty, but why would a man adopt such virtue if it will causes his honor and soul.

    "Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another." (Leviticus 19:11)

    A blessed weekend Nebz.

  5. braggito says:

    It is important to be honest not only to youself but to the people who loves you. If you're not honest with yourself, you're not fooling anyone but yourself. You'll not be happy if you have so many hang ups in life.

  6. Pinky says:

    As in most things in life, I try and see the "bigger picture" and figure out whether "lying" will actually improve or worsen a particular situation. This isn't fool-proof, of course, and not to say that the end should always justify the means but I think it is certainly a much better process than never even having to think about lying at all.

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits