Evidently Noynoy

From Noynoy's site: It is the business , not just of government, but of every Filipino to fight corruption.
I consider myself an apolitical person. As much as possible, I do not wish to indulge into political conversations -- in person and in my blog -- basically because my knowledge of and interest in politics (especially Philippine politics) are almost nil.

My being apolitical is a choice. Trapos (traditional politicals) aghast me. Political prostitutes give me creeps. And no matter how much I think about it, I cannot comprehend why people who are evidently rich enter politics to steal some more. I cannot comprehend why politicians think themselves as mighty and powerful when in fact, we're the ones who put them into power, and therefore we, the voting Filipinos, should be -- and in fact, are -- more powerful than them.

The thought is both depressing and discouraging.

My being political is limited to Philippine elections. Proudly, I never missed a single presidential election (although none of those I voted actually won!). The last I voted was in Saudi Arabia (during the 2004 elections).

My stand is simple: I vote for that someone who I think will best serve the interest of the Filipino majority. And by majority, I mean the poor, the jobless, the children, etc. I also don't listen to (nor believe in) surveys and political pundits. (I voted for the late Raul Roco in the last two presidential elections although I know he has no chance of winning).

Eleksyon 2010.

Until Noynoy, I thought the 2010 elections will not excite me anymore because all those in the running are of the same color. (I thought Bayani Fernando is my candidate. But he joined Celebrity Duets -- so showbiz!. Then Noynoy came. And then Gibo was chosen as Lakas candidate. And then Ondoy devastated us. And Bayani's true color finally appeared; he actually dimmed after those episodes.)

Why Noynoy? Because I believe he's the only one who can bring back my trust in our government. I don't trust anyone who enters the Philippine politics. For me, they are all motivated by greed and power. Noynoy isn't that. In running for 2010, he in fact stands to lose more: his privacy, most importantly.

I am for Noynoy because I see someone who can drive Filipinos to be better. I don't see him giving us a country free from greed, economic injustices, bureaucracy and ineptitude. I don't see him bringing us a country filled with hope, unity and honest heroism. Alone, Noynoy cannot do that. It can only be done if Filipinos are challenged to rise above their bureaucratic, corrupt selves. Through Noynoy, I believe people will take up the challenge to be better.

I am, evidently, voting for Noynoy.

Visit his site to learn about Noynoy's activities and how you can volunteer or contribute to his cause.

12 Responses

  1. A-Z-3-L says:

    ROCO ako noon.

    NOYNOY ako ngayon.

    SIYA na nga.
    Walang iba!
    Bayan sana'y umahon na!

  2. 2ngaw says:

    Sana nga sya na!

    Sabi nga ni Efren, "Ipakita natin ang tunay na ibig sabihin ng People Power" :)

  3. Life Moto says:

    I 3rd the motion! Although Hacienda luisita and some issues are still around. I believe that Noy will not destroy the legacy of his parents.

    Noy we are!

  4. RJ says:

    This is good! Napakaiksi naman, dagdagan mo pa Kuya Nebz.

    Honestly, nag-iisip akong umuwi sa May 2010 para lang iboto si Noynoy Aquino! (Hindi kasi ako nakapagpa-register sa OAV. Napakalayo ng Canberra, 3hrs by plane. Huh!)

  5. braggito says:

    Noynoy will stand against Charter Change so I won't vote for him. For our country to move forward, we need to change our political system. Even if Noynoy wins, he'll still be tied down to the political system that ruined our country. Change will never be achieved unless we change our political system (total system overhaul). I also hate Noynoy's sister Kris.

  6. Ze Cabreira says:

    I'm with your stand, to "vote for that someone who I think will best serve the interest of the Filipino majority." I know you've made a wise choice!

    Puede ko bang kunin yung yellow ribbon mo na may dove? palitan ko ang ribbon sa site ko.

  7. Ze Cabreira says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  8. Phil says:

    I did not register for OAV but I reactivated my registration in the Philippines when I went home last October. ONE for NOY! Hopefully, I will be home this May for the election. My vote is too precious to be wasted.

  9. The Pope says:

    I voted for late Sec. Roco in the previous election. For 2010, it is a choice between the good and the evil, and it is too obvious that I will vote for Noynoy.

  10. Esoy1216 says:

    I initially had my heart torn between Mar Roxas and Dick Gordon. But since Noynoy joined the fray, my choices could be narrowed down between him and Bro. Eddie. The JIL leader might not be winnable, but he has the qualities that we need for a corrupt-free and God-fearing leadership. Until the clout of the powerful RCC remains a potent force in our political system, I doubt if there will ever be a real change in store for the Philippines. I wish I can still be convinced by Noynoy.

  11. Pinky says:

    I share your sentiments, Nebz... I see Noynoy as the only candidate who can probably bring back morality and decency to the government.

  12. witsandnuts says:

    I'm still undecided. But I must admit I became interested again with politics because of the turn of events since Noynoy's announcement. But I'm definitely not voting for Loren Legarda.

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits