I'm on emotional cartwheel

Sometimes, I need to make 'emo' to get rid of this sinking feeling that life's screwing me up. Because the truth is, everything's in the mind. Life's okay. Today's great. And everything will be alright!
I'm sad. This morning, I thought of performing a cartwheel inside our office loo.

And why am I sad you may ask?

I've five reasons.

1. I'm sickened by these gall-less trapos in Manila who constantly make papogi points for the 2010 elections. Can we please take note of those politicians and let's ensure they don't get voted next year?

2. Old news but still gives me the creeps: Because of series of quakes in Vanuatu, Samoa and Indonesia, scientists now expect a big quake to hit Manila at any time.

3. The world will soon come to an end. At least that's what 2012 is trying to say. I hate it when people/seers/movies second-guess the world's end. Regardless of the many crisis we face, life remains too good to just end in a fashion described in 2012 movie -- in total annihilation!

4. I read about Karen and Nathalie's stories and I offer them this short poem entitled "Women Unprotected":

Two days.
Two different newspapers.
Two news of women.
Two different women.
Two different ordeals;
of women unprotected.

5. Recession hit our company and we're folding up next year. By May 2010, I'd be without a job. If you know anyone who needs an efficient secretary, I'm here. I do coffee well, my telephone etiquette is exemplary (a friend once said: sana naging telepono ka na lang!), am a bit loquacious, and most importantly, I can cartwheel inside a loo. Like so.

11 Responses

  1. witsandnuts says:

    I feel for you. Especially with the last point. (sending you virtual hugs)

  2. A-Z-3-L says:

    Talented ka talaga Uncle! harharhar!

    May 2010? sabay pa tayong mawawalan ng work! huhuhuhu!

    Can I have your number? (just to prove the last paragraph.) lolz!

  3. RJ says:

    Buti maaga kayong na-inform ng company (kung totoo 'yong sinasabi niyo sa #5)... Sa iyong mga karanasan, at sa mga qualities na binanggit niyo, nararamdaman kong makakakita kayo kaagad ng bagong job.

    May surveillance camera kaya sa toilet niyo sa office? o",)

  4. Sardonyx says:

    I feel sad when I read your blog (#5 post), but I know you'll find a job easily ikaw pa eh ang galing mo kaya, tunog palang ng blog mo magaling na e in person pa kaya hehehe. Just pray and hope that everything will be alright. Yang end of the world ang hindi ko kayang hulaan e hehehe, buti na lang di ako nahate mo hahaha. Wag kang magpapaniwala sa mga yun, although the signs are here no one knows when will be the end of the world, kung si Jesus Christ di niya alam kung kailan mangyayari yun, tayo pa di ba? Only the Father knows (Mark 13:32) naks naman Nebz seryoso ako nyan hehehe ;-)

  5. Badong says:

    about 2012. haay, nakakatakot nga talaga yun. end of the world. but as you say, life is too good to end that way. sigh

    btw, i tried to the odiogo of this post. so kewl! natawa ako dun sa pagpronounce niya ng 'papogi'. lol

  6. The Pope says:

    Nalungkot ako sa balita mo Nebz, particularly sa #5, despite of your professional career, and being a man of talents and skills though the there is vast job opportunities that awaits you in KSA, I know it is difficult to leave an Entity that has been part of your system for a long time and the uncertainties in search for prospective employer.

    I wish that your Company may recover from the brunt of the financial crisis, and I pray that God guides you always in every challenges that you'll encounter in your life. A blessed weekend my friend.

  7. Makis says:

    So sorry to hear about your company's folding up. Downsizing, closing or moving to another country? :) And they say the crisis is over. I'm sure with your exemplary experience, it won't take too long for you to find a new job. Courage, Nebz!

  8. Esoy1216 says:

    No.5 makes sad reading, but with your extraordinary talent and unconventional wit, a Nobel for literature is in the offing lols! Work pa kaya, baka idadaan ka pa sa bidding hehe...cheer up!

  9. Reymos says:

    I used to worried too much but I now it seems that I take the problems lightly...(Matanda na nga ako, madagdagan pa!)... Im not saying that you should not be aware of the future problems, but we often think things more complicated and we take it seriously which often affects our daily work. Preparedness and thinking ahead are fine but we do it moderately! Be optimistic even the situation is too blur for positive results. Concentrate on positive events...maybe take a short holiday!

  10. braggito says:

    Don't be sad, stay positive. You have a lot of time to prepare for your next job. Just request for a release so you won't process papers from scratch. All the best.

  11. Pinky says:

    Hi Nebz... Had mixed feelings while reading your post especially when I got to #5...

    I know it's easier said than done but I pray you take comfort in the cliche that when God closes the door, He opens a window. :)

    Keep the faith, kapatid!

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits