My blog goes audio via Odiogo

Isladenebz is now in audio. You can, too, if you want. And it's unbelievably easy.
You may have noticed it by now that all my recent posts bear an audio icon, and if you click it, you'll hear a recording of my post. Yey!

The audio of my post is courtesy of odiogo which you can all have via a free membership and a widget.


Upside.

It's the coolest of the widgets that I installed in my blog. It's a dream come true to finally convert my posts into audio files without the need to record my, ehem, well-modulated, bedroom, ala-Inday Garutay's voice. Odiogo, in a way, freed me from further embarrassing myself.

The automated voice is also crisp and clear, especially in past tense words ending in e and d, like modulated or enunciated.

Clicking the odiogo icon allows readers to, instead of reading my lengthy, boring article, just listen to the near-human voice while browsing other blogs. And the converted voice files can easily be downloaded by anyone via my RSS audio feed.

Most importantly, it brings my blog to another level. In a way, I'm not just blogging; I'm -- sort of -- podcasting! Cool, isn't it?

Downside.

Because the voice is automated, it is sort of unfeeling: no dramatic pauses; no fluctuations in voice. It also reads the post in full -- including the errors! (Why, what do I expect? A self-correcting, automated text to voice application?! Duh.)

It doesn't pause to catch breath unless there's a period, or a comma, or a colon, or a dash. I thought it reads the tagalog words well although sometimes it's almost inaudible. It reads acronyms per letter, hence instead of saying peba, it says pee E bee A. It also reads links per letter like this: H tee tee pee colon back slash back slah gee owe owe gee el E dot see oh em instead of google dot com.

Odiogo covers only the last 25 of your posts. Post 26th onwards are not recorded, and unless you save the voice file can no longer be listened to.

Recommendation.

I would still recommend odiogo for blogs that are mainly written in English. As I said, it's cool, it's hip, easy to install, it's automated, and it's totally free. Why not give it a try.

9 Responses

  1. 2ngaw says:

    Di pwede sa blog ko to, puro tagalog eh lolzzz

    Kagandahan lang nito, kapag tinamad magbasa ang bisita mo, papakinggan na lang nila :)

  2. A-Z-3-L says:

    aba! to the highest level na naman ang pag-aayos mo ng blog ah...

    dumadalaw ba dito si Helen Keller? lolz!

    pero it's pretty cool Uncle Nebz! (naks! parang kapatid lng ni Uncle Sam!)

    out of topic: naluha ka na ba sa SID ng abs-cbn? i am expecting tears from you! lolz! maganda ung message ng song!

  3. witsandnuts says:

    Cool! Para ngang podcast.

  4. The Pope says:

    Grabeh, Isla De Nebz has gone hi-tech, a new dimension in the blogging world.

    Thank you for sharing this kewl widget, I'll gonna give it a try too.

  5. Sardonyx says:

    wow hi tech na siya! hehehe, ang galing naman, di pwede sa kin yan baka mabulol yun audio sa tagalog ko hahaha

  6. Ze Cabreira says:

    I have already installed mine. I saw it from your page days ago and I also told about this to a friend of mine, ¡Soy Negrense!

  7. niqabi says:

    Astig!...Cool!

    naalala ko tuloy yung celphone ng friend ko na may ganyang feature. It was motoRocker. Palagi namin pinagtitripan..Nagtatype kami ng puro tagalog parang nabubulol tuloy ung automated voice hehehe..

  8. reymos says:

    This is an interesting feature for the bloggers! I might try this as well. Thanks for sharing.

  9. This feature is also good for the blind, I think. And also hopefully, they will improve the diction in the future ;)

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits