Stung by Sting: Answering questions using title songs

I tag all of you! Please do try it. It is fun!
This is a tag.

Apparently, the exercise came from Facebook. I saw it from the site of Wits and Nuts and I thought it's a fun thing to do.

The instruction is simple: Using only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer the questions. Try not to repeat a song title.

It actually is a lot harder than you think. But it is a fun thing to do. Do try it!

Pick Your Artist:
Sting

01. Are you male or female?
Nothing `bout Me

02. Describe yourself:
Driven To Tears

03. Describe your significant other:
Perfect Love...Gone Wrong

04. How do you feel about yourself:
I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Crying

05. Describe where you currently live:
Island of Souls

06. If you could be anywhere, where would you be:
Consider Me Gone

07. Your favorite form of transportation:
Little Wing

08. Your best friend is:
Sister Moon

09. Your favorite color is:
Lithium Sunset

10. What’s the weather like:
Heavy Cloud No Rain, Tomorrow We`ll See

Sting is a favorite because I find his melodies haunting at times and his lyrics always poetic.
11. Favorite time of day:
Twenty Five To Midnight

12. What is life to you:
Rock Steady

13. What is the best advice you have to give:
We`ll Be Together

14. If you could change your name, what would it be:
Jeremiah Blues (but Roxanne will do)

15. Your favorite food is:
Tea in The Sahara

16. Thought for the Day:
Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot

17. How I would like to die:
I Hung My Head

18. My soul’s present condition:
Like a Beautiful Smile

19. The faults I can bear:
Why Should I Cry For You

20. My motto:
Love is Stronger Than Justice (The Munificent Seven)

Postscript:

One of my most favorite of Sting's songs is Why Should I Cry For You from his Soul Cages album.

Says an article I found on the web: "Soul Cages is dark, wintry, and by far the saddest album of music that Sting ever wrote. None of the songs on this album went on to become the iconic hits that marked Sting's earlier career, but almost every song on the album is a masterpiece. And the heartbreaking Why Should I Cry For You is no exception. It tells a tale of missed opportunities...the poetic lyrics show Sting reaching deeper than before..."

A portion of Why... is below:

Under the dog star sail
Over the reefs of moonshine
Under the skies of fall
North, north west, the stones of Faroe

Under the Arctic fire
Over the seas of silence
Hauling on frozen ropes
For all my days remaining
But would north be true?

All colors bleed to red
Asleep on the ocean's bed
Drifting in empty seas
For all my days remaining

But would north be true?
Why should I?
Why should I cry for you?
Dark angels follow me
Over a godless sea
Mountains of endless falling,
For all my days remaining.

7 Responses

  1. A-Z-3-L says:

    hmmm.. mahirap nga 'to Tito.

    as in the question will remain as it is? walang baguhan ng tanong... yan na yan??? pagisipan ko nga kung papatulan ko yang tag mo! lolz!

    pero napatawa mo ako sa #..... wag na nga! hahahahaha!

  2. witsandnuts says:

    Your #17 is creeepy! I considered other artists before doing this tag, for the song "Here comes the sun" and "Island in the Streams" as responses for #5. I'm now curious to check the lyrics of other songs of Sting.

  3. A-Z-3-L says:

    hell yeah! i made one! posted na po! hahahahaha! kakahawa ka Uncle! lolz!

  4. Anonymous says:

    Congrats Azel. And I hope others would follow suit dahil it really is a very interesting tag and for some reason, it tells a lot about ourselves.

    Witsandnuts: Was it really? I was thinking of hanging my head on my shoulders (not hanging my head with a rope!). Nyay! I believe in the Almighty and I'm constantly praying that, if I happen to lose everything, let not hope be one of them. Please do check Sting. He's one wonderful artist and his songs addicting.

  5. Sardonyx says:

    Nebz parang ang hirap naman ng tag na ito, pag-iisipan ko hahaha, ano ba yan wala yata akong alam na kanta ng sting na yan hehehe but this is fun, hmmmm bahala na si batman kung makagawa ko ng tag na to hehehe, busy kasi e

  6. The Pope says:

    This is interesting, subukan ko sa susunod kong post hehehehe. But this seems difficult, but I'll try.

  7. Enjoy says:

    tempting pero mukhang mahirap nga. hindi ko kasi alam yung ibang mga kanta ng gusto kong singer. minsan iilan lang ang alam ko. nakaka-excite mabasa yung mga gagawa nito :)

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits