May we have the faith of Mary this twenty ten

Everything will be alright in 2010.
I hope you're unlike me because quite frankly I'm a bit unfeeling about the New Year. I've been wallowing at this feeling since Christmas. It's not because I'm in Saudi and not because I'm far from my family -- I've spent lots of Christmasses and New Years in Saudi and no matter how austere our celebrations were in the past, I've learned to enjoy them.

This evening, God gave me an answer.

I just returned from a simple New Year Eucharistic mass. The reflections were about Mother Mary's faith. The pastor narrated his interpretation of what Mother Mary felt during the first Christmas. She got pregnant at 13 in a Mideast country! Just imagine then her fears.

While I was listening at the sermon, I realized what I'm missing. What I needed is Mary's faith.

I perceive twenty ten as an unexciting year for me, but really who am I to say that? I don't even know what God has stored for me in twenty ten.

I can only guess what Mother Mary kept repeating to herself during the first Christmas: that everything will be alright because God has plans for me.

These then is my prayer: May I have the faith of Mary this twenty ten; may you, too.

Happy twenty ten everyone!

14 Responses

  1. 2ngaw says:

    Sana nga pre...sana nga...

    Happy New Year sayo :)

  2. Life Moto says:

    Nebz - thanks for the insight of Mary's faith. Happy new year and be happy!

  3. The Pope says:

    Nebz, I really admire your Marian devotion, may the blessings of the Holy Child Jesus through the Blessed Virgin Mary brings new hope, love and peace this coming New Year.

    My family is wishing you a blessed 2010.

  4. witsandnuts says:

    Anything may really happen. But as always, life would be fair. =)

  5. gege says:

    ganyan din po ako dati,
    takot sa mga bagay na hindi ko naman alam kung anu...
    pero ngayon hindi na!
    trust in the Word of God,
    kalakip dun lahat ng promise nya na He will never leave us...
    anu mang kakaharapin natin, yakang yaka yun!
    never give up on faith...
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    :P

  6. mightydacz says:

    happy new year kuya nebz....oi saan ka dyan nagsisimba?

    sabi nga ni Loren Legarda na gayang gaya ni pokwang MAGTIWALA ka lol

    salamat sa encouragement for blogging lol

  7. A-Z-3-L says:

    Wishing you a blessed new year! :)

  8. Esoy1216 says:

    Nebz, Happy New Year! Sana lalo pang sumaya ang iyong bagong taon at marami pa kaming mababasang magagandang posts from you.
    God bless!

  9. That's a great food for thought for 2010 - a big bowl of faith in God's own plans for us. Happy new year to you!

  10. Pinky says:

    What an uplifting message - perfect to start the new year! Thanks for sharing, happy new year and congrats for the PEBA awards!

    God bless, Nebz!

  11. braggito says:

    Happy New Year!!!

  12. Sardonyx says:

    Happy New Year!!! Trust in God because He has plans for us. New year na new year wag mo kong tinatawag na parang lagi mo kong pinapa " alis" ha hehe si Sards to si Sards LOL

  13. RJ says:

    Ano naman po ang inaalala niyo tungkol sa 2010? Huwag niyo po akong gayahing palaging pessimistic sa mga bagay-bagay.

    Ayos nga ang ipinakitang faith ni Mary.

    Happy New Year!

  14. BlogusVox says:

    Trust in your self and do what is morally right. The rest of the world will take care of itself.

    Happy 3 kings!

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits