Shukran...shukran

Thank you. I am humbled by this honor.
I pinched this from the PEBA site: "Isla de Nebz blog stood out than the other blogs for me. Although there were a lot of good blogs and a lot of good entries, I enjoyed the way he presented the entry for PEBA - not just because of the graphics he showed with his entry but also because he had a unique entry per se. We all know about an OFW's hardship, the sacrifices, etc. And most of the entries just did that.But Isla de Nebz entry was a different perspective on a big aspect of an OFW's life - his income and where it goes. I enjoyed that part (even without his original graphics) His other entries were also fun to read - very light, very candid, but at the same time, he was giving us the other side of an OFW's life. He doesn't take himself seriously and I admire that." - PEBA judge

I also pinched the following photos from Roli Inocencio's facebook account:





I'm honestly lost for words. I thought there were 36 other bloggers deserving of this top prize. But yes, with all humility, I accept this year's PEBA award honor.

With this award is a promise to be better in blogging about my existence in Saudi Arabia.

Let me just collect my thoughts for a few sec...

Yaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mabruk!!!!!! Shukran!!!!!!!!!!! Salamat!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dyos te ag-ngina!

Had I been in Manila yesterday, this would have beeen my 10-word speech: Salamat Panginoon sa pagpapala. Gabayan nyo po kaming lahat. Amen.

(I've yet to ask Roli Inocencio, a friend who represented me, what his reactions were. When I requested him to attend on my behalf, I kiddingly told him to ensure that his speech is short and succint, and that he should only say good things about me: that I'm kindhearted, good-looking, a virgin, the sort... Thank you, Roli Pogi. I know you're busy with your theater-cum-showbiz career. Taking time to attend PEBA to represent me meant a lot to me.)

Whew. I really am not used to this kind of popularity. Naks.

Seriously...

Congratulations to all the PEBA awardees!

I, of course, offer this award..

To God. Without Him, I won't be here, my blog won't be here, we won't be here. Thank you, Lord;

To my family: Papa, Mama, Elvie, Jojo, Jillian, Janine (and that partridge in a pear tree...);

To the 27 other nominees. (Hey, guys, I honestly thought you too are all winners with your heartwarming entry posts and your impressive blogs. I pray that this year's PEBA results would make us all continue to strive to be better. Remember: There's always a next year);

To all my blogger friends who constantly visit me and leave me a comment even when my posts are not worth your time;

To all the Saudi-based Pinoy bloggers (I share with you all this honor);

To all the more than 2 million Pinoys around the world. That's 2 million more stories waiting to be written and heard;

I thank the following...

Kenjie of PEBA and his family, Shiela and Heavyn;

To all the people behind PEBA:
  • NJ Abad, who first told me that I won. I hope to see you in PEBA next year;
  • Azel who coerced me in publishing my entry post. I hope too to see you in PEBA next year;
  • Pete Rahon, Noemi Dado, Attorney Fiona Bojos, Avel Manansala, Felix Jigs G. Segre, etc.
  • To countless other people.
To all the judges.

To all the sponsors. I hope you'd be with PEBA again next year and the years to come.

And finally to all my friends in Saudi whose first question when I told them that I won in PEBA is: Magkano ang premyo? Hehe.

Shukran to all. And Happy New Year!

24 Responses

  1. witsandnuts says:

    Congratulations! I read the results this morning and I was not surprised at all that you won. =) Your PEBA entry is especially remarkable.

    Long live Isla de Nebz!

  2. A-Z-3-L says:

    Tito... Congratulations!

    I will not be on Nominees List next year as I promised to be a part of PEBA...

    Yeah, next year... I will still be the one to ask every blogger to submit their entry, initially approve their entry, ask to put the badge and PEBA logo along with the entry, email about other requirements (photo, speech, video etc.), collate the judging matrix.. etc...etc...etc...

    I'm pretty sure... you'll be there beside me!!! ahahahaha!

    Uwi tayo next year ha? maglilipat ka ng crown! ahahahaha!

    PS: pano na ung tshirt??? kanino na un?

  3. 2ngaw says:

    Oist!Panalo si The Pope sa tshirt! lolzz

    Congrats sayo parekoy, karapat-dapat lamang sayo ang natanggap mo...Congrats sa ating lahat... :)

  4. The Pope says:

    Purihin ka Nebz, napakataas ng sampalataya ko sa iyo na ikaw ang mananalo... hehehehe, so yung Nokia T-Shirt ko ha wag mong kakalimutan hahahaha.... Azel ako po ang nagmamay-ari ngaun ng T-shirt hahahaha.

    Congrats Nebz.

  5. Sardonyx says:

    Nebz- COngrats! blow out!!! Galing mo talaga! Hay I'm happy for you!!! Sayang walang kapakner para mas masaya ka sana hehehe (nanukso pa no hehehe).

  6. mightydacz says:

    mabrok...mabrok....
    congratz kuya nebz....

    oi PASHAWARMA ka naman lol
    isang meal sa bahar resto okay na lol

  7. RJ says:

    Congratulations, Kuya Nebz!

    You deserve the awards. o",)

  8. braggito says:

    Congratulations po!!! Galing galing naman!!!

  9. Maris says:

    Congratulations po!!! I also like the graphics :)

  10. BlogusVox says:

    He was "humbled" daw. Di ba ang tagal mo ng pinangarap yan. >: D

    Congrats, Nebz. You really deserved it!

  11. congratulationsss!!!!!! saludo sayo kming mga OFW!

  12. Life Moto says:

    Congrats bro! I try to call you this noon time but i guess you sleeping. Well saan ba ang celebration? Just call my name and I'll be there :)

    Thank you for sharing the award bro!

  13. Enjoy says:

    Nebz!!!!

    Naman, ang gleng-gleng talaga! Congrats ha! You deserve it man. Wohoo!

    Sensya na po di mashado nakakadalaw. Medyo marami lang inaaasikaso. Medyo dry na nga rin ang utak ko sa kuwento. Hehehe!

    Congrats po ulit... Advance Happy New Year!!! :)

  14. Congratulations!! :-) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

  15. madjik says:

    congratulations!! :))

  16. Anonymous says:

    CONGRATULATIONS PO!!!! Happy New Year nadin!

    --
    bonistation
    dammam

  17. Esoy1216 says:

    Congratulations Nebz! I am truly proud of you my tocayo. From the moment I read your entry, I assured you that If i were a judge I would certainly pick yours as the best. And indeed it was. Kaya magpainom ka ha? hehe...

  18. Ze Cabreira says:

    Congratulations! You are the greatest!Alam ko talaga na ikaw ang mananalo.

  19. Congratulations Nebz! This deserves a celebration for the Middle East bloggers! Eyeball na nang bonggang bongga! We hope to meet you in person soon.

    Again, congratulations and happy new year!!! :)

  20. Reymos says:

    Congrats and Im happy for you... inspire more Pinoys to be humble and reminds us that God is good!

    Maybe next year, I will be sponsoring for a special blog award!

  21. I am Bong says:

    Congratulations Kuya Nebz! You deserve it. More posts to read in 2010.

    Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

  22. Congratulations kaibigan at ikaw ang nagwagi sa isang napakahigpit na labanan! Very well deserve ang award na iyan. I really liked your blog and I always thought you will win in time..at eto na nga!
    Happy Happy New Year, Nebz!

  23. Ken says:

    Congratulations! Happy New Year too! I've been buried in my vacation schedules, I've read your entries as well as those of others, but I was not able to leave comment but will do now.

    Its not me, nor the the team, its the judges. You're No.1 in the Blog Element Criteria, No. 1 in the Blog Entry Criteria, No. 1 in the Judges Pick, and 2nd in the Visibility and Metrics. Who can dare question that? You truly deserve it!

    Welcome to PEBA 2010!

    Congrats!

  24. Elektra🦋 says:

    hi... Congrats for winning sa PEBA. Keep up the good work! :)

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits