Annular solar eclipse tomorrow, Jan 15

You're invited to 2010's first solar eclipse tomorrow! It's shorter than a short film, but I'm sure it will be an amazing sight!
I've forgotten the last time I witnessed a solar eclipse. I think I was still in college. Since then, I haven't witnessed any. Shame on me because solar eclipses apparently occur two to five times a year! (Talking about stopping and smelling the roses -- well, in this case, stopping and taking notice of heaven's magical moment).

Tomorrow in Saudi, I'm intent in watching this annular solar eclipse, reportedly starting at 7:45am. Read NASA's site about this occurence.

Why did they call it annular? Because unlike total solar eclipse, the moon's diameter during annular eclipse will appear smaller than the sun thereby creating what looks like a ring. A ring in Greek and French is annulus.

In Dammam, the eclipse will be seen like this (thanks to www.eclipse.org.uk for the animation).


Visit their site if you want to see how the eclipse will configure in your area.

4 Responses

  1. Esoy1216 says:

    Hi Nebz, i wonder if this rare spectacle can be visible in Jeddah? If early morning, I may not still be able to watch even if I am invited.

    One thing though, could you take photographs of it and then post on your blog? Request yan hehe...

  2. CARLO MAGNO says:

    Nebz, mare, sa Riyadh ba kita yan, I mean, I'll try to wake up early later, and true, it's a rare experience to watch an eclipse, but am glad in our lifetime nakita natin ang Halley's Comet, at iyong ilang once in a lifetime phenomena for the past 30 years...

  3. Hi. My first time here. Hello po kabayan. Visiting you from the Oasis capital of UAE: Al Ain City.

    Hopefully makita rin yan dito sa UAE and I will definitely click and shoot. Salamat sa link, talagang bibisitahin ko to see kung anong oras ko makikita yan.

    Have a great weekend.

  4. Anonymous says:

    NFB and Carlo: Yes, they should be visible in Jeddah and Riyadh.

    Misalyn: I hope you can see it too. (I saw it only because it was a foggy morning in where I was yesterday).

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits