I have voted

Yesterday, my officemates and I cast our vote for the 2010 May Elections at the Overseas Absentee Voting Center in IPSA, Alkhobar.

Meet Dionisio Jabon, an OFW and a marshall at the voting precint.


Look, me-thumb is blued. I have voted!


Mang Diony works in Alkhobar during the day and serves as one of the Marshalls throughout the whole of the OAV election period.

He said the initial turnout was as expected (meaning low?) but he's certain the nearer it gets to May 10, the more kabayans will come queuing at IPSA to vote.

Ikaw, kabayan sa abroad, have you already cast your vote?
The quizzical me asked Mang Diony who he voted for, but he declined to say because they're not allowed to campaign for anyone.

OFWs based in Alkhobar have only until 1pm on May 10 to cast their votes. After 1pm, the ballots will be tabulated (apparently, the canvassing is open to OFWs who want to witness the actual counting of ballots). Am definitely watching!

13 Responses

  1. Ze Cabreira says:

    Nebz, Congratulations!Sana walang mangyaring masama pag dating ng election day sa Pilipinas, mabilang sana boto natin at sana walang dayaan!

    LORD SANA ITO NA ANG UMPISA NG BAGONG PILIPINAS!

  2. bonistation says:

    hindi pako nakakaboto. ^^ pero OAV ako. at boboto ako kase mahalaga ang isang boto ko.. =)


    exit poll.

    shhh.. sinong binoto ni nebz? hehe

  3. bonistation says:

    ano po ba ang dapat dalhin para makaboto?! need ba ang passport? or iqama ok na? ^^

  4. Esoy1216 says:

    Wow may souvenir picture pa proof of you having voted. I just hope mabilang ang boto natin.

    Dyan ba sa IPSA walang nakadikit na poster ng kung sinong kandidato? Dito sa Jeddah meron at obvious kung bakit allowed nila ang isang candidate. At may nangampanya pa sa loob. tsk tsk...

  5. Julianne says:

    So I guess Gordon has one sure vote. :D

  6. Ken says:

    nice Nebz. Great. Sige kami din one time.

  7. Janelle says:

    Wow, I should go and vote this weekend too. Or maybe the next. One thing sure though is that I won't wait 'til May to vote. I'm sure cramming na naman ang mga OAVoters nun. :)

    - §undrenched

  8. Francesca says:

    Dahil bomoto ka na Nebz, tyak panalo ang candidato mo. Ng one point.

    Meron din ba champorado dyan pag bomoto, gaya sa Singapore?

  9. hmp kami lahat halos dito sa department namin sa hospital di makakaboto hahaha kasi naman we all missed the registration dates!nyahaha!

  10. The Pope says:

    Mabuti ka pa Nebz tapos ng bumoto, this week I'll visit our Embassy to vote.

  11. witsandnuts says:

    Hindi pa ako nakakaboto. Still undecided. Sinong binoto mo? =)

  12. Bev says:

    Congratulations po =)

    I feel bad of myself not overcoming the hardship to get registered in this part of the desert (I always have a bias against the consulate here, bad me). I hope next elections I'll make it na, whatever the circumstance.

    But of course, I love our country, so here's praying that may the best leaders win.

  13. bong says:

    Me & my wife voted. its actually different when you are seated there and think how many times you cast vote like this..and still things were still as the same. then you really have to think what will make the difference this time. Sayang maraming di nag try to register themselves. You know that this is one way of showing that you have your real concern for our country.
    Thanks Nebz

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits