Some tips on living life

Subtitle: Algunos Consejos (Some Counsels).

Yesterday, I received an email with tips on how to make life more beautiful (subtitled It's up to you!). Usually, I am the pit stop of those kind of emails. Unless it's thought-provoking and worthy of attention, I automatically delete the file to oblivion. Call me nasty, but if it doesn't interest me, I'm sure it will not interest other people. If I find it a waste of time, I'm sure other's will, too.

Well, not this one. I thought this email is worth cascading to others. Hence, I'm posting it here with a few (of my personal) side comments.



Take a 10-30 minute walk every day and while you walk, smile. (And sweat, too).

Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. (The longer you can, the better. It's what you call meditation).

When you wake up in the morning complete this sentence: My purpose today is to ... (And it has to be a positive purpose unless you're a suicide bomber whose purpose is to annihilate mankind).

Live with the 3 E's: energy, enthusiasm, empathy, and the 3 F's: faith, family, friends.

Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six. (I lived with my two nieces and my aging parents. I am bored most of the time. Maybe I'm just missing the lessons there).

Dream more while you are awake. (And don't ever forget: dreams must always be followed by action).

Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.

Life isn't fair, but it's still good. (I totally agree!).

Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. (I think it's normal to hate but not as much as it ultimately becomes our character. Never ever be a vindictive soul!).

Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does. (I totally agree with this one. Mistakes have their own way of solving itself).

Make peace with your past, so it won't mess up the present. (Tell me how to do this because, frankly, I thought this is too profound to follow).

Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about. (I, 100%, agree).

Burn the candles, use the nice sheets. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special. (I hope my mother reads this).

No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

Forgive everyone for everything. (Except those people who sap your positive energy all the time! Run away from them!).

What other people think of you is none of your business. (What this line should say is that we should not try to please everybody).

Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.

Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your family and (at least one or two of your) friends will. Stay in touch. Call your family often. (Or YM them to limit your telephone expense).

Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful. (I think this pertains to memories. Because if we get rid of unuseful, ugly, grouchy people, the world will end up with a lot fewer population).

The best is yet to come. (Oh, yes I do believe).

Believe. (I just said that).

Do the right thing! (In our office, there's a big sign that says do the right thing, the first time! Difficult to live by, I'm telling you).

Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for...
Today I accomplished...

Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.

Make the most of it and enjoy the ride. (And I wrote about it in my previous post about life being a trip).

Happy valentine everyone!

12 Responses

  1. yAnaH says:

    "Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away."

    -- sometimes, even if u want to..its hard...

    "Make peace with your past, so it won't mess up the present."

    -- ok..peace be with my past. is that how it works? is it as simple as that? oh how i wish!

    "No one is in charge of your happiness except you."

    -- this is so true. but there comes a time in our lives when we knoe what can make us happy but we cant do anything to make happiness possible because were too concerned in making other people happy because sometimes, the thing that would make us happy might also be the reason for other people to be miserable..

    happy hearts day kuya nebz!

  2. A-Z-3-L says:

    it's worth reading...
    yeah... the best is yet to come... we just need to do the right thing ;)
    happy hearts day ;)

  3. RJ says:

    Ang gaganda naman ng mga advices dito. LAHAT talaga!

    Nakapag-thumbs up na ako sa previous post nyo eh, uhmn... Sige three full nods nalang po rito. o",)

  4. Anonymous says:

    Nakatanggap din ako nito and must of it are inspiring.

    Happy Valentine, Nebz.

  5. madjik says:

    happy hearts day nebz!
    worth cascading indeed.

  6. Thanks for this timely reminder Nebz. How I wish I can follow it.

    Happy Vday to you!

  7. CARLO MAGNO says:

    Hi Nebz, thanks for passing by my Blog...happy heart's day to you too!

    life here in Saudi is far, far from the stories i heard, it's exciting, fun and an adventure.

    anyway, visit my blog often.

    (your blog is very informative, I'll link you up to mine, hope you don't mind.)

  8. Happy V day Nebz... Thanks for the message. I think you really need to have a Cbox I feel inappropriate to leave messages as a comment in your posts.

  9. Ken says:

    "Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about"

    gusto ko to, parang yung sa desiderata, "don't compare yourself to others, if you do, you will only be miserable for there will be better and lesser person than yourself"

    or sa creedenda

    "Don't compare yourself to others, you are what you are through your own choice alone..."

    belated hapi hearts day nebzki.

    (ps: sabi ni Mrs. Thoughtskoto, bakit di mo sia (you) iniinvite sa bahay?" :)

  10. pards,lagi kong gawa ang 10mins na di nagsasalita.nakakarelax ito lalo na pag simula na ang trabaho.





    at syempre dyaging din,kahit nakakapaglambot ng tuhod.he he he.

  11. braggito says:

    Hello Nebz! Happy Valentines!

  12. PaJAY says:

    Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six..

    magandang ideya to...malaking tulong to sa buhay ko sigurado..

    thanks for sharing parekoy...

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits