Pasta de Nebz

My pasta may be untypical but they do taste good than the sound of the ingredients. Do try it at home.
Houseflies, tarsier and larvae.

Those were the things I used to scare the wits out of you. (If I didn't scare you at all, then I guess I'm not as twisted as I thought myself to be).

And as promised I'd stop being weird. In fact, this entry is the first in my blog.

I introduce you to Pasta de Nebz!

(Okay, the photo may look as unappetizing as yesterday's post but believe me, it is delicious and so unlike what you've tasted before!).


Ingredients:
pre-cooked pasta, 400gms
ground chicken, 1/4 kg
garlic, 1 clove, chopped
onions, 2 bulbs, chopped
celery, 1 bunch, chopped
water or chicken stock, 1/4 cup
salt
freshly-ground pepper

1. Simmer ground chicken, without oil and water.
2. Just as the ground meat emits its own oil, put garlic and onions.
3. Cover for a minute.
4. Stir occasionally.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. When ground meat is a bit brown, put pasta and celery.
7. Stir in chicken stock.
8. Cover for a minute. Let celery wilts. (The above photo was taken before Step 6).
9. Serve hot with garlic bread or pandesal.

For this recipe, I cooked the pasta without oil and salt.

Why a whole bunch of celery? I don't know. I thought I need something with strong flavor. I didn't put tomatoes because it may clash with the taste of celery.

Why am I suddenly cooking in my blog? As I said in my previous post, I do cook. And I personally do marketing. (And also pack my lunches).

But I'm never an expert cook. I am more of a hit-and-miss cook. There are actually only a handful of people who appreciate my cooking. Even my nieces sometimes don't like what I cook. Elvie's eldest once called my picadillo, pikadiri. Haha.

I don't know. I find cooking therapeutic, although sometimes the end result depresses me more :-(

Not this Pasta de Nebz. I personally thought this is even better than Rachel Ray's Aglio Olio which is one of my favorite pasta recipes. It's simply a pasta with anchovies and olive oil. Sometimes too I incorporate lime (or lemon) to get rid of the strong fish taste. Yum-o!!!

I hope you didn't find my taste weird.

11 Responses

  1. niqabi says:

    hehehe tarsier it is..dinowload ko pa yung pic from the previous post kuya nebz baka sakaling ma decipher ko yung 2nd clue.

    nacurious naman ako bigla sa lasa ng pasta na ito..pag may time ako at sinipag-sipag i'll try this. ill be watching out for the next rachel ray este nebz cuisines. :P

  2. The Pope says:

    I have shown this to my wife, sabi nya she'll try it on Friday, believe me she is a pasta expert kaya you'll know the verdict after Friday.

    She said that pasta MUST only be cooked with little salt to enhanced the flavor of grain but NEVER use oil, because oil has the unwanted effect of coating the pasta so the sauces doesn't stick.

    She recommends larger pot and more water in boiling pasta to avoid sticking.

  3. A-Z-3-L says:

    hhhhmmmm...

    tarsier pala.... tsk!

    cooking lesson today? thanks but i don't cook! hahahaha!

    siguro tomorrow, $3X guru ka na! lolz! (can't wait)

  4. 2ngaw says:

    Oh Yeah? Parang Taste Moto ah lolzz

    Makakapagluto din ako, kala nyo! :D

  5. Life Moto says:

    makadaan nga dyan sa bahay mo para masubikan at matikman. anong oras available yang menu mo bro :)

    OO nga Lord cm hehehe, pasyal ka sa taste moto nebz more on filipino foods tayo doon.

  6. witsandnuts says:

    As they say, looks can be deceiving. Yes, the photo may not be that palatable but when I checked the ingredients, mukhang masarap nga ang magiging resulta. =) Subukan ko 'to!

  7. RJ says:

    Tarsier ang hindi ko nahulaan.

    Natuwa ako sa pasta recipe na 'to sapagkat manok ang ginamit. o",) Binasa ko ang procedure at mga sangkap, mukhang masarap itong Pasta de Nebz. 'Pag nasubukan ko ito sa manok, try ko ang beef.

  8. Badong says:

    so tarsier pala yun. dang it.

  9. Sardonyx says:

    wow si Nebz, feeling chef ngayon hehehe, naks naman! matry nga yan kaso parang wala akong makitang ground chicken dito eh....alam mo akala ko joke yun recipe mo na
    to e, sa isip ko lang pala yun.... ako lang pala yun ganun gumawa hahaha, kasi may ginawa akong recipe nun sa hulascoop ko e....kaso iba meaning hehehe

  10. Ken says:

    hehehe, I too asked Shie to read and try it...She bought some pasta and ingredients na last night. Galing!

    Last night our ulam is Inihaw na bangus courtesy of Francesca's recipe. It is one of our favorite ulam once in a week. Now we'll try this kasi Hevyn doesn't eat rice, pasta lang, kahit walang sahog!hehe

  11. Pasta! We love pasta! Pahingi naman kami dito sa Riyadh, hehe. :)

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits