Half-cooked

Albert Einstein said: If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.
I'm not pertaining to the second version of Pasta de Nebz that I did tonight. Dig in if you want! (Ingredients: chicken, cooked pasta, spinach, strips of hotdog).


I'm pertaining to these ideas about my future posts.

Pinoy in Khobar

This will contain interviews with Filipinos living/working/breathing in Alkhobar. I've a line up of people I wanted to talk to: a cashier at Farm 9 (where I usually frequent for my groceries), a butcher in Western Butchery (where I buy my beef for sinigang), my barber (who also happens to be my flatmate), a SAPTCO bus driver, an editor of a Saudi newspaper. I even included the Jeddah-based OFW who is running for Senatorial Elections this November.

The problem is that, except for my flatmate, I am embarrased to talk to these people. I, hence, don't know where to start. All I know is that the style will be like this Granta article -- written in first person.

Remember my post about Entrepinoy? I emailed the site owner, an ex-OFW, and asked him if I can interview him via email. He didn't respond. I may get the same response from those I planned to interview for this series.

But hey, if I don't try, I will never know.

Sight-seeing Alkhobar
Taking it from Einstein, I think my ideas have hope. They are doable. A bit difficult but doable. I hope they don't stay half-cooked.

Alkhobar is where I live and work and breathe. It's a small city situated in the lower righthand of Saudi Arabia, near to Arabian Sea, nearer to Bahrain than Saudi's capital, Riyadh. This series will feature places in Alkhobar where Filipinos frequent -- parks, malls, restaurants -- as well as events that Filipinos attend to -- sports, cultural or even religious activities!

Why did I call these ideas half-cooked? Because they're still plans up to now. But I'm really intent in pushing through these ideas.

Insha'Allah (as what they usually say here in Saudi which translates to 'God willing' or 'if God wills it, it shall become'.

12 Responses

  1. RJ says:

    Excited ako sa interview at post niyo tungko sa OFW na nangangarap maging senator. Wow!

    Equally interested din ako sa beauty ng Alhobar na makikita ko rito. The KSA tourism should thank you soon after you posted your article 'Sight-seeing Alkhobar'.

  2. witsandnuts says:

    No harm in trying. =) Insha'Allah!

  3. Phil says:

    wew... looking forward to that. I also have some guest posts lined up from Filipinos living and working in Thailand.

    Good luck Sir Nebz!

  4. Life Moto says:

    Nebz- baka magkabangga pa tayo sa daan hehehe. planning to have the same concept this year, but just waiting to have may own digital camera. that is a good idea. to show the world the life of an OFW.

    I Also email him but not responding. maybe to much busy with his blogs. nevertheless his site has great info.

  5. Sardonyx says:

    iba talaga pag nagiging top 1 e hehehe lalong pinapaganda ang blog, ngayon pa man ay binabati na kita Nebz, congrats ang galing ng mga ideas mo I can't wait to read your future posts here....

  6. That's good, Nebz! dapat may voice ang mga OFW sa kanilang sariling bersyon. I commend you for this upcoming project. God Bless you!

  7. The Pope says:

    I will be looking forward to your future plans, now I know how a No. 1 OFW Blogger thinks, you are really amazing.

    A blessed Wednesday to you Nebz.

  8. BlogusVox says:

    Umuwi na pala "for good" si Francis Salud. Vacant yung position nya... bakit hindi mo subukan. : D

    Pero Nebz, mukhang masarap yung pasta mo ah!

  9. Esoy1216 says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  10. Ze Cabreira says:

    Can't wait! Especially that person who'll run for senator. Disqualified na siya , 'di ba?

    Thanks nga pala Nebz sa help mo sa Templates. Nagawa ko na yung kay Nelson. Hirap pala. Pag iisipan ko pa kung change ko yung sa akin.
    God bless!

    Note:

    Pag nakita mo yung deleted comment ni Nelson sa itaas, ako din yun, naka-sign in kasi ako sa blog ni Nelson, binura ko lang.

  11. Esoy1216 says:

    Nebz, i'm taking this op to thank u for the template that u sent jvc. He helped me out in installing it for my new domain. God bless you for the kindness.

    Btw, if u get to promote senatoriables include mo si Risa Hontiveros, she is a strong proponent of RH Bill. Thanks Nebz!

  12. Anonymous says:

    First, I would like to CONGRATULATE you Sir Nebz for winning the PEBA 2009 TOp slot. I knew u would make it. Ive read your post and honestly, isa po kau sa personal bet ko to bagged the award.

    Nakaka excite naman po ang mga future blog entry na gagawin nio. Saludo na po tlga ako sa inyo.

    Last, ang sarap ng pasta na nasa picture! kakaiba sia! susubukan ko din un! im a pasta lover po kasi! yum yummmm ^_^

    have a wonderful 2010 po Sir!

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits