Itching for blog re-invention

Whew! A mouthful of thoughts! But just the thought I have now. At this moment. Here.

Honestly, when I read these lines, I thought Skellie was in my head, talking. (I don't even know if Skellie is a person or the name of the organization she's managing. I don't even know if she's really a she.)

For more than a week, I've been tweaking, re-tweaking, finding that something that would appease me in my blog.

This is my problem: whenever I see a beautifully-designed website, I like to own it. Sigh.

Thus, I'm sharing with you my current wish list for my blog.

A layout similar to A List Apart. I tried creating test blogs with ALA's clean and oh-s0-smooth layout. Failed. But I am resolved to continue doing my hit-and-miss-and-miss-and-miss exercises until hopefully I get it (well, not the exact layout but the nearest look that my little knowledge can ever get into).



And somehow incorporate these beautifully designed wallpaper graphics I found from Veer.




And then incorporate a differently-designed blogroll (programmed to perform like Blogger's but without the -- what I personally call dreaded -- default fonts and spacing of Blogger blogroll).

Lately, I'm having extreme difficulties sleeping, thinking about these things. I am in really deep trouble, ain't I?

Previous posts related to this topic:

  • Tried and tested blog design tips which I wrote on October 2008.
  • When I blog, I covet is a post I wrote September last year which explains why my constant need to change. It's psychological, I think.
  • I am my blog, er my constant attempts to be simple by doing the most complicated things imaginable.


[By the way, have you already subscribed to my feed? I'd appreciate if you try. Thanks.]

11 Responses

  1. madjik says:

    before whenever im depresed i tweak my layout hehehe..il me on an indefinite blog inactivity..

    pero andito lang ako sa tabitabi.

    goodluck re-inventing your cool blog nebz...

  2. 2ngaw says:

    Hehehe :D Ako rin minsan pinuproblema ko talaga ung design ng blog, kahit umabot ng madaling araw kakaisip ng design...pero ayun, wala pa rin nangyari lolzz...

    Good Luck na lang pre :-)

  3. I think you have a nice blog design as of now. But I agree incorporating some of the graphics you've shown ill make it more fascinating!

  4. A-Z-3-L says:

    kaya mo yan KUYA NEBZ...

    minsan nakakahilo.. nakakaduling... nakakapraning...

    abangan ko ha?

  5. Nebz says:

    Salamat po sa pagdalaw!

    Madjik: Un pala un. Kaya pala. Siguro depressed nga ako kaya kung ano-ano ang naiisip. Salamat. Finally nasolve ko na ang dahilan ng aking pagkagumon sa blogging: depressed kasi ako over something.

    Lord CM: Kagabi rin, inabot ako ng 12MN pero wala akong nagawa kundi dalawin ang inyong mga blogs at magcomment.

    Dennis: Thanks, Dennis. I agree too.

    Azel: Nahihilo na nga ako sa dami ng magagandang nakikita ko. Hindi naman kaya dapat bawasan ko ang pagiging inggitero.

  6. Anonymous says:

    Nebz, whenever I do something, I always have 3 things in mind. Functionality, Simplicity and Elegance.
    In blog design, you should ask: Is it fast? Does it have the necessary widgets only? Is it pleasing to the eyes?

    Yun lang. If I'm satisfied, I don't care what others may think.

  7. Nebz says:

    Ed, Salamat po sa guidance on functionality, simplicity and elegance. Nagbawas na nga ako ng widgets. Tinanggal ko na ung mga makukulay na graphics and links. Naghahanap na lang ako ng mga hacks para gawing functional and elegant ang blog ko. Like your's. Naks.

  8. Francesca says:

    i do the same. Want always something new. Pero la pa time.
    Good luck sa search and sana, gandahan mo. Paki lagyan ng girlie touch, all your fan girls would love it.

  9. RJ says:

    Gustuhin ko man pong baguhin ang layout ng aking blog, hindi ko talaga alam kung paano gawin. Whew! Kaya sa ngayon kuntento nalang muna ako sa template ng Blogger.

    Magaganda nga ang layout at design ng ibang mga blogs, pero pakiramdam ko, ayos pa rin naman 'yong sa akin, nababasa pa naman. Marami nga lang kapareho. =,{

    Pero kayo Kuya Nebz, dahil may alam kayo sa pagbabago ng page, gawin niyo na po.

  10. Badong says:

    Same here! Frustration ko talaga na mag-ina ng anyo tong blog ko kaso kaunti lang yung nalalaman ko tska wala rin akong oras para gawin yun. Haay..

  11. Nebz says:

    Salamat po sa dalaw!

    Francesca: Siguro kc depressed lang ako kaya ako nkakaramdam ng need for change. Nu'ng wala pang blogging, kada made-depress ako, inaayos ko ung kwarto ko. E me blogging na kaya wala nang ayos-ayos ng kwarto. Hehe.

    RJ: You write good, RJ, tsaka may audience kang matatawag. No matter what you do with your blog, you will always be read. Pero minsan isang araw, if I find something nice for you, ireregalo ko sa u ang makeover ng iyong bahay. Kapag natuto na ako. So most likely, matagal pa yon.

    Badong: Siguro nga lahat tayo in some ways, we wanted to improve our bahay. Siempre. Pero dahil sa maraming limitations, hindi natin magawa. I am limited by my little (and lack of) knowledge about web design. Pero it shouldn't stop us from learning, db?

Leave a Reply

Seven last works

Get me via email

Receive the Word and 'graphics 540' via email by typing your address here.


Archives

Powered By Blogger

Daily dose 540

The Lord's instructions.
Written. Drawn. Designed.
Mostly in bumper sticker format (540px width).

Visits